new here

Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
edited October 28, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am new here, so I would like to know how to sign on to the Dgrin Challenges.
If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 25, 2008
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    I am new here, so I would like to know how to sign on to the Dgrin Challenges.
    Um, you just did :D

No, seriously, there is no "signing on", just participage. Everything you need to know is here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=101510
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Um, you just did :D

No, seriously, there is no "signing on", just participage. Everything you need to know is here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=101510

Thanks dude!thumb.gif

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2008
    Welcome Aboard !! :D
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited October 25, 2008
    The only problem is that I do not have alot of time. I do not know if I can even post a picture in time. But even if I don't post I can still learn by seeing what all of you guys put up there.:ivar

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
    edited October 25, 2008
    I have another problem. My EXIF does not show what kind of camera I used and it does not show what setting the photo was taken with. How do I fix THAT?

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2008
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    I have another problem. My EXIF does not show what kind of camera I used and it does not show what setting the photo was taken with. How do I fix THAT?

Are you editing your photos after transferring them to your computer? If so, what program are you using and how are you saving your files?

If you use Photoshop, one culprit might be if you're saving your file as a native .psd while editing. This can strip the EXIF data (not for everyone, but it did it to me so much I stopped using the .psd format). If you instead work in the TIFF format (or JPG), the EXIF will be maintained. At least, it magically works that way for me. :Grin

If that isn't your culprit, someone else may have another idea. thumb.gif
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Mr. Quiet wrote:

You can also check in your customize gallery settings that you have camera info set to yes ? Just a thought:D
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
    edited October 26, 2008
    ic4u wrote:

You can also check in your customize gallery settings that you have camera info set to yes ? Just a thought:D

I did that already. It was on.

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    The Save for web feature in Photoshop strips exif, I haven't lost in exifs in psd format.

But the make and model and settings and whatnot aren't actually required. Date and time when the shot was taken are.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
    edited October 26, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Are you editing your photos after transferring them to your computer? If so, what program are you using and how are you saving your files?

If you use Photoshop, one culprit might be if you're saving your file as a native .psd while editing. This can strip the EXIF data (not for everyone, but it did it to me so much I stopped using the .psd format). If you instead work in the TIFF format (or JPG), the EXIF will be maintained. At least, it magically works that way for me. :Grin

If that isn't your culprit, someone else may have another idea. thumb.gif

I have the EXIF, I just don't have all the information. It does not even show what kind of camera I am using of anythig. Only the time that the photo was taken in on it.

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Mr. Quiet wrote:

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I think you need some technical help. Where are you looking at your EXIF? What software are you using? What equipment are you using? More information might make it easier to get help figuring out the problem.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

edited October 27, 2008
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I think you need some technical help. Where are you looking at your EXIF? What software are you using? What equipment are you using? More information might make it easier to get help figuring out the problem.

I use picasa to import my pictures. I have a Nikon D40.

The thing is, I have the EXIF file, er...information. Its just that all the information that should be on there is not.
    Never mind, I just figured it out. The pictures that don't have all the information are the ones taken with a little compact Sony T9!!! The ones taken with my Nikon have all the info on it!!!

Thanks anyways!:ivar

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    I use picasa to import my pictures. I have a Nikon D40.

The thing is, I have the EXIF file, er...information. Its just that all the information that should be on there is not.
    Never mind, I just figured it out. The pictures that don't have all the information are the ones taken with a little compact Sony T9!!! The ones taken with my Nikon have all the info on it!!!

Thanks anyways!:ivar

thumb.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6