Remembering the Past

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited October 26, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
:D:D:D:D:D
Hi there
Mids are over and i am feeling relaxed. Thought to share an image that i took when i went on my 1st shoot out when i got hands on my 1st camera in late 2004. Here it is

402005227_P5eNn-L.jpg

I also want to share an interesting story about how i got my 1st camera:huh

I completed my intermediate in computer sciences in 2004. This was the time when i was ready to enter Pakistan's finest art college (NCA) it is in other city about 5 hours drive from where i live. When i put my decision infront of Mom and Dad long conflict started. Dad was not comfortable about scope of arts(:rolleyes) Mom was not in mood of sending me away from her:lust.Conflict continued for few days until they asked me to leave the Art college thing and get a camera ! i openly accepted the deal and in few days dad purchased me "DSC W1 Sony"

Then i started to discover what subject will give me most free time so i can spend more time with camera. Math no , computer sciences No there is math in it too. Some stupid gave me idea of Accounting and more stupid i was and got admission in Commerce:rolleyes. It was totally opposite of what i wanted to study.

Was remembering and laughing at past lol
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2008
    Great story, Awais. It is nice to see where you were back in 2004 and where you are now. Your images continue to amaze me. thumb.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2008
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Hi there
    Mids are over and i am feeling relaxed. Thought to share an image that i took when i went on my 1st shoot out when i got hands on my 1st camera in late 2004. Here it is

I also want to share an interesting story about how i got my 1st cameraeek7.gif

I completed my intermediate in computer sciences in 2004. This was the time when i was ready to enter Pakistan's finest art college (NCA) it is in other city about 5 hours drive from where i live. When i put my decision infront of Mom and Dad long conflict started. Dad was not comfortable about scope of arts(rolleyes1.gif) Mom was not in mood of sending me away from heriloveyou.gif.Conflict continued for few days until they asked me to leave the Art college thing and get a camera ! i openly accepted the deal and in few days dad purchased me "DSC W1 Sony"

Then i started to discover what subject will give me most free time so i can spend more time with camera. Math no , computer sciences No there is math in it too. Some stupid gave me idea of Accounting and more stupid i was and got admission in Commercerolleyes1.gif. It was totally opposite of what i wanted to study.

Was remembering and laughing at past lol

You have come along way Awais, I also have always enjoyed your many posts, and the sharing of your culture with us.

Many of us have enjoyed watching your progress over the years.
    I know you mother recently passed away, she would be so proud to see how far you have come with your love of Photography thumb.gif

Beautiful Post ........ Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2008
    Howdy Awais,

I too have really enjoyed seeing things through your eyes and have enjoyed seeing you grow and mature as a photographer. The World is a wonderful place, and having someone like yourself show the rest of Us your part of the World is a true treat, and always so interesting.

So glad your Studies are over for a while, relax and enjoy yourself.

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Awww:cry i am so glad you enjoy what i post. I am so happy today. I still remember how difficult it was to get my 1st camera. I must say God made the way !

Thank you very much
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery