#11..first thoughts

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited October 29, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have several ideas for this shoot but this is the first one....I call it "Quiet before the storm...brotherly love." Your thoughts please...like or dislike?
402458337_atpxt-XL-1.jpg

EDIT: The second image...is this getting any better or should I try something completely different?:scratch

Practice practice practice!
403265924_NfcFG-L-1.jpg

Comments

• onebaduceonebaduce Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    You and I must think alike. I had an idea for my nephew to stand behind his sleeping father with a balloon and pin!

I love it I can here that trumpet blast in her poor ear.
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Remember that old saying about paybacksrolleyes1.gifrofl
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    I think the name and idea certainly fit the image. So, in that, you have been extremely successful. However, i find the image a little boring - not too artistic in its composition.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 26, 2008
    I think the name and idea certainly fit the image. So, in that, you have been extremely successful. However, i find the image a little boring - not too artistic in its composition.

I tend to agree with you! Thanks all for your honest opinions. My focus on the shoots have been alittle off as I am preparing to go on a cruise for two weeks. I leave in 10 days! Woo hoo!wings.gif
  • idiomidiom Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    #1 is awesome. I'm glad you entered that.

So good. :D
    edited October 29, 2008
    Does Anyone Think The Second Better?
    Thanks idiom for your post. I'm still not sure which I like better or if I should just try and reshoot. This is the first photographer's block I have ever had! :bash
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    Thanks idiom for your post. I'm still not sure which I like better or if I should just try and reshoot. This is the first photographer's block I have ever had! :bash

I like the second one a lot more Joyce :D

Dan
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    I'm with Dan. I like the second one much better as well. You can see "loud" much better in that one than in the first one. Your son's "Dizzy Gillespie" cheeks indicate he's making a loud noise on the trumpet and the direction in which you got your daugher's hair to blow correlates well to that. thumb.gif The only thing that would improve on the first composition is if you can get your son's hair to blow back in correlation to your daughter's voice.

The first one is cute but does not speak loud to me. ne_nau.gif He hasn't made a sound yet because your daugher is still sleeping. That particular photo says "surprise" or "anticipation" to me.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    I HUGELY prefer #2. It's cleaner, clearer and brighter (the lighting is nicer, too - very pretty lighting), which somehow enhances the "volume" of it. The only thing I don't like so much is the bw clothing at the bottom (can't tell if it's her skirt or his pants) - it distracts from the clarity in the rest of the picture and takes my eye away from the trumpet and her face.

I like it a lot!
    edited October 29, 2008
    Thank you all for your response. I hope I get a chance to reshoot but its going to be difficult as I only have about a week to prepare for my cruise and I still have to finish up some work from a previous photo shoot. I too like the second better and I do note all the great comments on how to improve it. I hope I get a chance to. Thanks again...you all are the greatest!thumb.gif