One really mad 6 year old!

WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited October 27, 2008 in People
Hi everyone!

I have been lurking for awhile and have decided to take the plunge. My daughter was at the park and she got REALLY mad at me for some reason and she was walking away. I focused on the back of her head and then yelled at her and told her to come here now and I snapped this as she whipped around. Man, was she mad after this!

Anyway, I would be interested in what you think. I wish her hair wasn't in her face but the expression is wonderful.

401113754_RdNuB-L.jpg
Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook

Comments

• AAABluestockingAAABluestocking Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Wonderful capture!
    My SmugMug Galleries
    Learn the various techniques to make all things possible and then choose deliberately which you actually want-rutt
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    aww, what a mean dad, taking advantage of his daughter's anger for a photo op rolleyes1.gif

For a dynamic, no time to compose and shoot, I think this came out very well.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    So, what did you do Dad? :D

nice image
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Thanks for the replies.

I wanted her to stand with the sun behind her so I could get a black silhouette of her. Yeah, she didn't want to so I got her friend to do it. Well, don't you know that you can't do that! Now she is the one that wants to do it and since I am stubborn I told her, "Too late". It was game on after that. I just had to laugh.

This is the unprocessed photo of her running off mad after I snapped the photo. I was laughing to myself the whole time. Mom thought is was funny too! rolleyes1.gif

401080498_MZqd3-M.jpg
    Michael

Facebook
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 26, 2008
    awwwww great shotAAA.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    I LOVE this shot. And just think - you can bug her about it all over again in 10 years when she's old enough to (maybe!) laugh at it with you!! :D
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Oh my dad...she's gonna be a ball of fun over the next 5-10 years. This shot however is a classic and may be just as valuable to you as the naked newborn bottom shot when she thinks she wants to bring home a new boy.

In the meantime though, this really is a wonderful shot.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Thank you all very much. I have always been interested in photography but just never really learned and got into it. In the past year I have slowly been ramping up and learning more and more. I am now trying to take my camera with me as much as possible just for these kinds of moments.

I look forward to posting and learning more here on this great site!
    Michael

Facebook
  • KalrogKalrog Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Wachel wrote:
    I have been lurking for awhile and have decided to take the plunge. My daughter was at the park and she got REALLY mad at me for some reason and she was walking away. I focused on the back of her head and then yelled at her and told her to come here now and I snapped this as she whipped around. Man, was she mad after this!

Is it bad that I can picture my 6 year old son doing the exact same thing? And that I am laughing thinking about it?

I know you think the hair should be out of her face, but I really think that it adds to the picture - great job!
    Nathan Deckinga
    Leander, Texas
    http://www.2-dphoto.com