Tried the stacking technique of Lord Vetinari

CCROYCCROY Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited November 2, 2008 in Holy Macro
The posts of Lord vetinari attracted me to this forum initially. Ofcorse I could not post anything in this " Insect dedicated section". However, I recently I tried his technique. I am posting two shots. The first one with stacking of three pictures. And the other without using the stacking technique. The lens used was Vivitar 90/2.5 1:2 macro lens handheld in available natural light. I know that I have a long way to go to come to terms with this technique. But this is a beginning.

copy99998-out_99997.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg
CCROY

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    CCROY wrote:
    The posts of Lord vetinari attracted me to this forum initially. Of corse I could not post anything in this " Insect dedicated section". However, I recently I tried his technique. I am posting two shots. The first one with stacking of three pictures. And the other without using the stacking technique. The lens used was Vivitar 90/2.5 1:2 macro lens handheld in available natural light. I know that I have a long way to go to come to terms with this technique. But this is a beginning.

Hi there CCROY, don't give up trying, Brian is truly a gifted Macro Photographer, who continues to have everyone in awe of his work.

Some techniques appear to be easy, take a lot of practise to grasp.
    I must confess I have only tried the Stacking Technique only once or twice myself.

Keep trying, and if there is something you don't understand ask on the forum, and someone who uses the same program will hopefully offer you up some help. thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Looking good :)
    Love the light and colour in these shots.

BTW this is not a bugs only forum we do like seeing macros of other things :)

Brian V.
  • CCROYCCROY Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi there CCROY, don't give up trying, Brian is truly a gifted Macro Photographer, who continues to have everyone in awe of his work.

Some techniques appear to be easy, take a lot of practise to grasp.
    I must confess I have only tried the Stacking Technique only once or twice myself.

Keep trying, and if there is something you don't understand ask on the forum, and someone who uses the same program will hopefully offer you up some help. thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy. There is no question of giving up anything challenging in photography. The only problem is that my offficial priorities leave little time to me for practice, as I am a VP (Finance) in a large infrastructure group which is besides the point.
    CCROY
    Looking good :)
    Love the light and colour in these shots.

BTW this is not a bugs only forum we do like seeing macros of other things :)

Brian V.

Thanks Brian for looking and the comments. After going through several posts in this section, I got a feeling that this is for bugs only though there is no embargo on posting other macros over here. Has the one with stacked pictures come out OK?
    CCROY
    like the light in #2 which is the better of the 2 shots.
    the stacking program needs a lot of sharp detail in the different frames to work with.
    i think that might be the problem with #1.
    using flash brings out the detail in macro shots which helps alot.
    might be an idea to practise with tripod on something small like bunch of keys which is not going to move.
    keep practising & posting
    phil
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/
  • CCROYCCROY Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    GOLDENORFE wrote:
    like the light in #2 which is the better of the 2 shots.
    the stacking program needs a lot of sharp detail in the different frames to work with.
    i think that might be the problem with #1.
    using flash brings out the detail in macro shots which helps alot.
    might be an idea to practise with tripod on something small like bunch of keys which is not going to move.
    keep practising & posting
    phil
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/

Thanks Phill for your views. Flash will certainly help a lot. The technique needs lot of practice
    CCROY