New here..showing off the Dog

PreRunner06PreRunner06 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited October 28, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Hi my name is Steve, I just signed up like 10 min ago! The site looks great a lot of talent here. To kinda sum things up I am new to photography, I do not have any real training and don't really know what I doing...im Here to learn and show some shots...So...here They are!

ALSO Please be Honest about everything I can only get better right!

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

how can i resize my images because i think there a tad too large

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Hi my name is Steve, I just signed up like 10 min ago! The site looks great a lot of talent here. To kinda sum things up I am new to photography, I do not have any real training and don't really know what I doing...im Here to learn and show some shots...So...here They are!

ALSO Please be Honest about everything I can only get better right!
    how can i resize my images because i think there a tad too large

Hi there PreRunner, and welcome to the Dgrin Forum clap.gif
    I see you are uploading from Photobucket, and if I recall correctly you can resize your images from Photobucket.

Your new to photography, well this is wonderful, and for a point of reference, you should keep these two photos in a folder and name it Photography Beginnings :D

The good news is people always move forward as they learn more about photography, and no one that I know of has ever gone backwards.

The first shot is not in focus, but the second shot is better for composition and focus.

Just remember there is not one person who does photography who started off as a Pro, they all had to start somewhere :D

Keep practising, take your time to compose the shot, it's far easier to make mistakes and fix them or re-do them with Digital than it ever was with film.

Don't be afraid to experiment, get down on the ground with the dog if it means getting a better angle, but take your time, compose the shot, re-shoot it if you have to, you will get there thumb.gif

That is one nice looking dog :D .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    The second one is lovely:D
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    I agree. That second shot is great! I love the expression. Have fun.

~patti
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • HarrymacHarrymac Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    Hya steve and welcome to dgrin. You will find lots of sound advice from people here and you will also hopefully find inspiration from other members and find your own style. Hope you have fun with us, by the way shes a beauty, one thing you could try is to get in close on a wide angle for the perspective and comedy, but patience is a must.

Besta luck, H.