Last days of fall color - Mount Baker region

scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
edited October 27, 2008 in Landscapes
My sights finally fell on the Nooksack River valley on the north side of Mount Baker but missed peak colors by about a week. The weather has been more active lately and leaves are starting to fall. In fact, one of the places I wanted to shoot was no longer worth the effort. The region has plenty of areas to poke around and this was a prime time to do it.

I ultimately decided to explore Wells Creek Rd which is only open a portion of the year (due to a wildlife closure and the arrival of winter). I was pleasantly surprised to still find some vibrant displays of color. I ran out of daylight before running out of places to photograph. I'll definately be returning next year to explore it further..

#1 Foothill Color #1

403078312_captb-L.jpg

#2 Foothill Color #2..

403078320_gyjrV-L.jpg

#3 Scenery above Wells Creek Rd with a small fog bank rolling in..

403077754_KRAJY-L.jpg

#4 Avalanche Track in Blaze

403081187_4aeRJ-L.jpg

#5 And another one..

403081402_ZrQ72-L.jpg

#6 One last one.

403080667_5RrgT-L.jpg

Thanks..

Comments

• cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Very pretty px! Don't you just love autumn in the northern states. #5 & #6 are my favorites. I love the evergreens mixed in with the deciduous trees.

Stephanie
  • jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Wow! That 5th one works on so many levels. iloveyou.gif Definately a wall hanger.

James
  • greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Beautiful pictures!

And I think I have to agree, #5 & #6 are also my favorites.
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Thank you, it's one of my faves as well. Photo #5 was taken at 200mm but here's a wider shot of the same area. The focal point of #5 is located below and just to the left of the center of this photo:

403333632_jXgQX-XL.jpg
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    scole wrote:
    Thank you, it's one of my faves as well. Photo #5 was taken at 200mm but here's a wider shot of the same area. The focal point of #5 is located below and just to the left of the center of this photo:

403333632_jXgQX-S.jpg

Wow!! Unconventional but all of these elements are stunning together! Fire, mist, light, darkness. thumb.gif