Gabrielle from today's twin shot

TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
edited October 27, 2008 in People
This is Gabrielle. Today her brother Grant and her, 4 month old twins, ran me ragged for 2-hours. Luckily her mom and dad fed me a great dinner afterwards to replenish whatever calories I managed to burn up during the shoot! :rofl I'm still processing the rest of the photos but thought I'd post one early to get feedback in case there are any major issues that need to be addressed before I get to far into the rest. This was my first time using the Nikon 55mm f/1.8. I'm already in love with the lens but can see from some of my other shots that I needed to stop it down a bit more. Also I left on this image a lot of open space to the left but it is partly so that I can crop it down from the 4:3 ratio for an 8x10 print. C&C away please. :D

403268317_fKV3w-XL.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    I'm still processing the rest of the photos but thought I'd post one early to get feedback in case there are any major issues that need to be addressed before I get to far into the rest.
    The single biggest issue with this one is that, except for her leading hand, she is OOF. Shooting that close with a 55mm at f/1.8 - well the DOF is razor thin. Stopping it down 1/2 to a full stop will make it much easier to work with while still keeping the backgrounds nice an creamy.
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Thanks Scott. The leading hand happened with the crop which I can fix. Your right about the focus. Part of it is that I softened the clarity in LR before exporting it. I was surprised at just how shallow the DOF was though. Appreciate the input!