pixelsoftime - First Posting

pixelsoftimepixelsoftime Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited October 27, 2008 in People
This is my first posting here. I am going to try to upload a few pics. Would love your opinions.

361482956_4GC3F-L.jpg

361484910_zZGJx-L.jpg

361488643_S5qGm-L.jpg

384890031_WDsfE-L.jpg

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Nice shot, and welcome!

Yes, you can only ATTACH one photo per post, but you can string many posts together, each with an attachment. Problem is, attaching is the worst way to share pictures here. It's pretty brutal on them in the compression.

Check out the tutorial linked in my signature for more help with posting pics. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • pixelsoftimepixelsoftime Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Thank you for the info. I will take a bit to read and understand the how to, and should be able to get that going.
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Wonderfull pictures!!!clap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Welcome! clap.gif We do need more people shooters here! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    These are gorgeous! Welcome to dGrin! :Dclap.gif

Just one question... what was your lighting setup? Looks like a high strobe in the back for the hair/background and one to the shooter left?headscratch.gif
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
    edited October 27, 2008
    These are gorgeous! Welcome to dGrin! :Dclap.gif

Just one question... what was your lighting setup? Looks like a high strobe in the back for the hair/background and one to the shooter left?headscratch.gif

Right on, except that I am using continuious lighting instead of strobe units.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    You meant: one in front to the camera rightmwink.gif . Check the shadows/catchlights...deal.gif
    Yeah, looks like a two light setup to me... Maaybe with a white/silver reflector on the camera left...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited October 27, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    You meant: one in front to the camera rightmwink.gif . Check the shadows/catchlights...deal.gif
    Yeah, looks like a two light setup to me... Maaybe with a white/silver reflector on the camera left...

My mistake, yes the other light is to the right of the shooter.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Well, it sure looks like you got your posting issues worked out!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:

11doh.gif That's what i meant....
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
    edited October 27, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    Well, it sure looks like you got your posting issues worked out!

Yes I did thank you very much!thumb.gif