Options

The Circus Performer

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited April 22, 2004 in People
My 5yo daughter led the circus today at her preschool and I was lucky enough to be able to shoot it. I got about 80 images and it's going to take me a while to process them, but I thought I'd just give you one of Nikki after she finished her Lion Tamer skit. Is it possible to be any happier than this?

3641928-L.jpg
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2004
    Great catch dood thumb.gif she's a real cutie
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2004
    Thanks Mark. One more before bed. A clown:

3644435-L.jpg
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2004
    Great stuff fish!

You've done a very nice job of getting good images under what looks to be less than ideal conditions (it looks like you had to work with some pretty harsh lighting).
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Thanks Mark. One more before bed. A clown:

3644435-L.jpg
    Oh Fish... they are wonderful :cry
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2004
    I love this one.
    3644435-L.jpg[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Rolling StoneRolling Stone Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2004
    Great ones Fish, like them both alot.
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2004
    Thanks for the comments. Yeah, pretty harsh lighting. It was just before 2pm, so the sun was high. Got to try out AI Servo focussing for the first time, which was kinda fun. Here are a few more:

3650235-L.jpg

3650259-L.jpg

3650272-L.jpg

3650225-L.jpg

3650213-L.jpg

3650214-L.jpg

3650244-L.jpg

3650206-L.jpg

3650208-L.jpg

uhoh...busted by fishwife 11doh.gif

3650276-L.jpg

It really was a lot of fun to shoot.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2004
    Oh Fish again.... they are wonderful so fresh and bright. The light is harsh but boy can they take it... I love em..quite made my day actually...:D by the way, can you give us a couple of settings...
  • Options
    Rolling StoneRolling Stone Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2004
    Especially touched by this one. As I look at this group of children, I have hope for a better world.

3650206-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Oh Fish again.... they are wonderful so fresh and bright. The light is harsh but boy can they take it... I love em..quite made my day actually...:D by the way, can you give us a couple of settings...
    Thanks lynnma, that's very kind of you. I hope you don't mind, but I pruned your post to eliminate the duplicate images.

The colors are fantastic, aren't they? I'm just amazed. I know that some folks are concerned that their images don't come out like they saw them in the viewfinder, but in many cases, this Canon setup makes better pics that I imagine them. Maybe it's just my eyes seeing the small, dusty viewfinder image and then seeing them in all their megapixel glory post-processing. ne_nau.gif

Settings: Canon 10D, Canon 70-200/f4L USM zoom, default metering, 50-50 ISO100 and ISO400, AI Servo AF, AWB, 50-50 jpeg large/fine and medium fine. No exposure comp. Most at f4 with SS of 1/500 to 1/4000.

PS touches: resize, crop, unsharp 77/1.5/3, auto contrast, sat +8 (some a little more, some a little less).
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2004
    this is *mint*
    fish wrote:
    My 5yo daughter led the circus today at her preschool and I was lucky enough to be able to shoot it. I got about 80 images and it's going to take me a while to process them, but I thought I'd just give you one of Nikki after she finished her Lion Tamer skit. Is it possible to be any happier than this?

that's a great shot! pure bliss thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

:andy
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2004
    andy wrote:
    fish wrote:

that's a great shot! pure bliss thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

:andy

Thanks Andy...that means a lot coming from you. :D