Trying some techniques at the Huntington Library

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited October 27, 2008 in Landscapes
Went with a fellow shooter to the Huntington today. Mainly wanted to try out Joe McNally's shooting techniques and to try out my new rig, 5D with Tamron 28-75. Funny thing is that I'm left eye dominant but have always have shot with the right eye. It's an interesting technique and I think I'll play around with it some more but so far I like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDsx3-FWfwk

Some shots from the day, more random than anything, no theme. Sorry again for the fascination with flare.
C/C welcome.
1. Wall that leads to the Chinese Water Garden.
403367387_R3fM8-L.jpg

2. Park bench.
403382670_74Bf2-L.jpg

3. Bridge at the Japanese Garden.
403381180_KCNFp-L.jpg

4. The Japanese Garden.
403379691_UuumR-L.jpg

5. I thought the light falling on this tree at the Japanese Garden was nice.
403374397_y2rFR-L.jpg

6. A rose. Spot metered off the rose to darken the background.
403367022_m2qAD-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    You may think there's no theme, but I'm always attracted to your use of mysterious light. I love this set, the first and last in particular. thumb.gif

Interesting bit about the dominant eye!
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Hey thanks. I generally can break the shutter speed rule by 1-2 stops but with slightly better holding technique, the ratio of the steady shots may increase.

I think everyone has a dominant eye, most are right eyed IIRC.

You can check by using both eyes to view a subject and the frame it using your hands like a movie director. Now close one eye and then the other. If you find that the image is still in frame when you keep the right open but moves when you keep the left eye open, then you are right eye dominant.

I'm the opposite