Bat Mitzvah girl

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited November 5, 2008 in People
This past weekend was my daughter Stefanie's Bat Mitzvah. eek.gif
Here she is from Friday night on our way to services.

401696599_tQzQp-XL.jpg

Proud sister

401696496_rMfuW-L.jpg

Ready to roll.

401696436_coouf-L.jpg
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    She's all grown up! thumb.gif
    Congrats! clap.gif
    Nice portraits! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Aw, I love looking at pics of your kids, they are all so cute!! Wonderful photos clap.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Beautiful pictures
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Love your lighting. Beautiful kids. I have one about to turn 12 next week.

Caroline
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Very nicely done! Guess these were out of the garage...Laughing.gifmwink.gif Beautiful light and processing....lovely girls too BTW......yaaa for you!thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Oh, doesn't she look grown up, especially in that first pic! Gorgeous! clap.gifCongrats to her and your family!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Beautiful photos of beautiful children. Congratulations.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Mazel tov!

I love seeing Dgrinner Kids grow up. I remember when....
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    The light is right Mitchell!!!thumb.gif

On growing up....bittersweet, eh?iloveyou.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    She always had the most expressive eyes in front of the camera. She's growing into quite a lovely young woman. Congratulations on the momentous occasion and the wonderful photographs.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    She is very beautiful. Great Set. Number one blew me away, I thought "where has all the time gone?" then cute number two made me feel like not too much time had past! You have beautiful children.
    Jaye
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    Not being of the Jewish faith, I had to do some quick research on Bat Mitzvah. I knew it was a coming of age, but what age???? Now I know. Thanks for that - I love learning new things.

As for the photo - well there's not much that can be said about the light, the compo, her look, etc that has not already been said. This is a wonderful, beautiful photograph!thumb.gif I would like to think I see something of her sweet nature in that portrait (she's gotta be sweet, she poses for her father all the time it seems:D).

Now, as to the young lady - I've not been around here terribly long, but I can remember the first time I saw a photo of her. Comparing that to this - Wow has your little girl grown into a beautiful young lady! You are certainly blessed and you can be very proud!

As Andy has already said - "Mazel tov!" (I had to look that one up too!)
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    Thanks for all of the kind words and wishes from my Dgrin family!iloveyou.gif

Many of you have indeed seen Stefanie grow up since I posted the first photo of her here over 3 years ago. Amazing how time flies!
    edited October 28, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Very nicely done! Guess these were out of the garage...Laughing.gifmwink.gif Beautiful light and processing....lovely girls too BTW......yaaa for you!thumb.gif

Of course these were taken in my garage. Is there some other sort of lighting people use that I'm not aware of?headscratch.gif

What else do you do after you pull the car out of the garage and wait for you chronically tardy wife? I just pull out the camera and take some quick snaps of the kids. You never know what you might get.ne_nau.gif
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    Nice! beautiful eyes your little girl or shall I say young woman :D Hope you enjoyed your celebration.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    Congrats, I come from a Jewish family, though we didn't practice in my immediate family (pity, I wouldn't have minded having a Bat Mitzvah, ah well, too late for that, hehe). So maybe I'm one of the few on here that didn't have to look up what it was though :)

Anyhoo, congrats! they grow up so fast... these are great shots capturing her current age :)
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    Beautiful portraits and children. I sure would like to have that curly hair!!
    LadyTX
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    The picture I like the most is the last one. :D

The light is very uniform and generaly I like that. :D

Undirect light is very flatering for portraits. :D

Nice young daughter. :D

Health to you all. :Dthumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
    edited October 29, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    Beautiful portraits and children. I sure would like to have that curly hair!!

It's a good thing my girls got their hair from their mother!rolleyes1.gif
  • mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2008
    nice pics! How did you light the last one?

I started shooting b'nei mitzvah this year and it can be a crazy shoot!!! I am not Jewish, but am learning the custonms from a photog that has brought me in to cover his overbookings. Are you doing the rehearsal? Are you guys doing a big party, or a luncheon for her? Some of the the parties are absolutely nuts... not like a wedding where the nice adults know how to get out of your way!!!!

Fun though!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
    edited November 5, 2008
    mmmatt wrote:
    nice pics! How did you light the last one?

I started shooting b'nei mitzvah this year and it can be a crazy shoot!!! I am not Jewish, but am learning the custonms from a photog that has brought me in to cover his overbookings. Are you doing the rehearsal? Are you guys doing a big party, or a luncheon for her? Some of the the parties are absolutely nuts... not like a wedding where the nice adults know how to get out of your way!!!!

Fun though!

Matt

We had an over the top reception that evening. My daughter did an awesome job during the service.

I just shot my first Bar Mitzvah last week. It was definitely more hectic than a wedding. Just so many kids running around and dancing with incredible energy. The formal portraits were easy, but the reception was exhausting! I may post some photos in another thread.