Options

How should I print this one...

wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited October 30, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Andy & crew:

I cropped this one kind of long to match the subject--and her mother really likes this one. What would be the best way to print? I know it would require unusual framing or matting--but how to get the print with the long side at least about 10" long?

384070259_WDsBq-M-2.jpg

Thanks

Will
Regards

Will

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    wmstumme wrote:
    Andy & crew:

I cropped this one kind of long to match the subject--and her mother really likes this one. What would be the best way to print? I know it would require unusual framing or matting--but how to get the print with the long side at least about 10" long?

384070259_WDsBq-M-2.jpg

Thanks

Will

You just have to print it with cropping turned off. For example, you could print it as an 8x10 with no cropping and then trim off the excess white on the top and bottom. You'd end up with about a 3.5x10 print. You could do the same with an 11x14 and end up with about a 5x14 print after trimming the excess white.

P.S. I personally think you could crop a little off the right side and not make it quite as extreme a rectangle and perhaps a little more balanced.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    To print pano-type crops, paste the final edit onto a regular print sized canvas.

E.g. Make a new canvass 8"x12", paste your photo onto that canvas, and print. You will then have to trim off the excess white paper.

If your dimensions are right (say 3.5" x 10") then two copies of this photo would fit onto an 8x12 canvas and you wouldn't have so much 'waste'

ann
  • Options
    GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    I agree with John...I think cutting off some of the right side of the photo will strengthen the shot...it's dead space. Great action!

- Gary.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    How about 20x10? Would that work?