AACO Playoff Semifinals...

wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited October 30, 2008 in Sports
It's almost over <i>(fall field hockey season)</i>... Here are a few from this past weekend. My daughter's team played a close game in the county rec. league "junior A" division. They pulled out a 3-2 victory, so tonight is the championship game. Probably won't get too much since it will be under lights. However, Sunday was great light and a lot of good action.

PS: Thanks KED, Seamus, and bluehand for the compliments on my last post.

404557341_HNT2J-L-1.jpg

The following shots came from "penalty corners." This is kind of a unique thing to field hockey where if the defense makes a penalty in a certain part of the field, only four of the players and the goalie start back in the goal, and the other team is in a semi-circle facing the goal. On the whistle one girls passes the ball out to her teammates to shoot--while the defense comes storming out to try and break it up. I think it can give some interesting, intense shot opportunities...

404559467_rnWVz-L-1.jpg

404558162_CZK4G-L-1.jpg

404558241_m9PjT-L-1.jpg

404557962_vZyvC-L-1.jpg

And just a couple more:

404557388_MdjAH-L-1.jpg

404558851_4DNMQ-L-1.jpg

404558346_5X5RM-L-1.jpg

404557180_uMbAg-L-1.jpg
Regards

Will

Comments

• cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    I really like the first and the last two shots. The second to last being my favorite. Usually the girls are alway looking down due to the nature of the game, however I love the intensity you caught on her face in the 2nd to last shot & I always like to see the "celebration" shots like the last one.

Stephanie
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    Update...
    Stephanie: Thanks for the kind words.

As I expected, I didn't get many shots last night. However I was pretty pleased with this one, even if technically it's not the best shot I've taken...

405397186_NBbbW-L.jpg

(Yes, they wanted to be the "Hurricane"--not "Hurricanes" ne_nau.gif )
    Regards

Will
    One word...

Amazing... I am far from an expert, I can feel the game..

David
    www.phabulousphotos.com