EZ Prints Help

burntpixelburntpixel Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited October 28, 2008 in Finishing School
I've tried Mpix and Shutterfly and not having any luck with the crop. I have found that Smug Mug has chosen EZ Pics for printing. Does any one here use EZ Prints on a regular basis? If so I need some information about cropping or the Fit choice.

I've tried resizing the following image from no crop to 4x6 and with Mpix and Shutterfly it is chopping off the dogs nose and the indivdiuals head. I am truly at a loss and can't figure out how to get a 4x6 print of the following. Will the FIT option at EZ Prints solve my problem?

Thanks for any help

IMG_6219.jpg

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    This image is such an extreme shape, that the only way you can get a 4x6 print out of it is to crop off the top and bottom until it gets to a 4x6 aspect ratio. That would leave you with this:

404735030_uxHKS-O.jpg

Your other option is to crop only some of the black space off the top, print a 4x6 (or any size) with "no cropping" (that will leave some white space on the sides), then you can trim off the extra white space and end up with about a 3.5x6 finished image. If I were doing this, I'd crop it like this before uploading:

404736264_hmDag-O.jpg
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    Think of it this way. Your trying to put a square object into a round hole. It ain't gona fit.

Your image is twice as high as it is wide. If we use inches, as an example, that would be say 4" wide by 8" high. That is a different shape than 4" X 6". This 4X8 shape will not fit in a 4X6 hole.

What to do: You can re-crop the image to the desired aspect ratio, but you will lose a portion of the image, or you can create a new canvas using the desired aspect ratio but with a size that will accommodate the image.

Here is an example of your image (3X6) on a 4X6 canvas. This is what the print would look like.

Sam