Cristina (please pick)

LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
edited May 8, 2005 in People
Based on my other thread, some of you suggested more pop to a certain image....

which do you prefer? Or should I take it in another direction...

21382346-L.jpg

21427594-L.jpg

Thanks as usuall,

Steven
Wandering Through Life Photography
MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex

Comments

• Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Well, on these #1 looks the same as the one you posted in the previous thread. #2 just looks washed out to me. I took the one you first posted and did this:

-Shadow/Highlight tool to bring out detail in her hair and tone down the bright edge on her face - settings about 11 on shadows and 7 on highlights

-Levels adjustment layer - settings 0, .85, 252

-at this point, I thought the reds in her face were a little strong so I did a hue/sat layer, selected reds and did -15 (there wasn't much red to speak of in the rest of the pic so I didn't have to play with the layer mask)

See how this looks to you (i reduced the size so I could fit it into an attachment)
    edited May 7, 2005
    You could maybe try B&W - I didn't spend much time on this, just took the color version and did a channel mixer to convert to mono with settings: red 60, green 20, blue 20

I think I like the color version better, but your mileage may vary.
  • Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Well done, Phil !
    Phil U. wrote:
    Well, on these #1 looks the same as the one you posted in the previous thread. #2 just looks washed out to me. I took the one you first posted and did this:

-Shadow/Highlight tool to bring out detail in her hair and tone down the bright edge on her face - settings about 11 on shadows and 7 on highlights

-Levels adjustment layer - settings 0, .85, 252

-at this point, I thought the reds in her face were a little strong so I did a hue/sat layer, selected reds and did -15 (there wasn't much red to speak of in the rest of the pic so I didn't have to play with the layer mask)

See how this looks to you (i reduced the size so I could fit it into an attachment)
    Well done Phil !
    You certainly know how to treat a lady mwink.gif

Bye,
    Peter Dumont
    edited May 8, 2005
    Well done Phil !
    You certainly know how to treat a lady mwink.gif

Bye,
    Peter Dumont

Heheh... Now If only I could get my wife to say that rolleyes1.gif