Girl Scout Camp Slideshow

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited May 7, 2005 in People
Had fun being one of 2 dads at Girl Scout Encampment. It was surely a "target rich" environment. Rattled off 600+ photos in couple hours. Took about an hour to sort through the photos and make a photo video for the girls.

They were thrilled. Which is very rewarding as a photographer to be able to see folks enjoying your work.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2275725&alb=0

The show's about 3 or 4 minutes long.

Lee

Comments

• david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Lee, that's just great. I've been thinking of investing in ProShow Gold, I think you've made me go ahead and do it.

We are shooting a birthday party tomorrow and a show like this would be a great added value for the client.
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    david_h wrote:
    Lee, that's just great. I've been thinking of investing in ProShow Gold, I think you've made me go ahead and do it.

We are shooting a birthday party tomorrow and a show like this would be a great added value for the client.
    Absolutely. I'd love to get gigs shooting birthday parties and such.

Here's another one I did capturing a moment of joy of kids playing in a creek.

http://www.leebase.com/picts/water_hole.htm

There's a LOT more you can do with this software than what I do. I just set to random motions and random transitions. For which I'm usually criticized -- but the audiences don't seem to mind.

Lee
  • JHarris1984JHarris1984 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Great pictures. Do you have to use their website for viewing or can you load that to a personal website?

Btw what song is that? :):
    leebase wrote:
    Had fun being one of 2 dads at Girl Scout Encampment. It was surely a "target rich" environment. Rattled off 600+ photos in couple hours. Took about an hour to sort through the photos and make a photo video for the girls.

They were thrilled. Which is very rewarding as a photographer to be able to see folks enjoying your work.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2275725&alb=0

The show's about 3 or 4 minutes long.

Lee

Jon
  • JHarris1984JHarris1984 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Okay just answered my question about the website by clicking your other link... rolleyes1.gif

Now which song is that in the girl scout movie? :):

Jon
    edited May 7, 2005
    Okay just answered my question about the website by clicking your other link... rolleyes1.gif
    Yep...you can load it on your own website. I was being "quick and dirty" last night to create and get the show on the web as quickly as possible. And since they offer their service "for free" (after you buy the software) I figured why not use THEIR bandwidth :)
    Now which song is that in the girl scout movie? :):
    Hillary Duff's "Fly" -- a big hit with little girls :)

Lee
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 7, 2005
    very nice Lee. Some terrific stuff you've captured and one very strong contender hidden in the string of photos for "One".

I remember "The Watering Hole" and enjoyed seeing it again. Thanks.
    edited May 7, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    very nice Lee. Some terrific stuff you've captured and one very strong contender hidden in the string of photos for "One".
    ?

Lee
    edited May 7, 2005
    Loaded up the photos: http://leebase.smugmug.com/gallery/520668

21445922-L.jpg

Lee
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Some great shots and I love the software, I am going to have to look into buying a copy of it. Putting the images together into a show like that really brought them to life and I loved the pan and scan transition, it really enhanced the feeling of captured motion.

Thanks for sharing
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
    Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
    "The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"