Options

Business Card HELP, please

kristencatakristencata Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited October 30, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,
I looking to create my own business card and don't know exactly how to start. I would like to incorporate about 3 photos (thumbnails) on the card along with my contact info. I saw some people have used overnightprints.com in order to print them, but no one has said how they have created their cards. I'm a novice @ photoshop, but can figure it out if someone helps point me in the right direction (ie size, and how to incorporate multiple small photos in one project...etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best, Kristen:D

Comments

• Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    Hi,
    I looking to create my own business card and don't know exactly how to start. I would like to incorporate about 3 photos (thumbnails) on the card along with my contact info. I saw some people have used overnightprints.com in order to print them, but no one has said how they have created their cards. I'm a novice @ photoshop, but can figure it out if someone helps point me in the right direction (ie size, and how to incorporate multiple small photos in one project...etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best, Kristen:D

Many newer sites offer methods for designing cards online. However have you checked out Moo.com? I'm really interested in the mini-cards. I'm always looking for something different out of my cards.

John
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2008
    JohnBiggs wrote:
    Many newer sites offer methods for designing cards online. However have you checked out Moo.com? I'm really interested in the mini-cards. I'm always looking for something different out of my cards.

John

One more thing... For standard cards I'll use printshop pro and print at home to try the cards out (I usually find something to improve after using a set for a while.) Then if you are really happy with the design you can export the cards for a print service.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    JohnBiggs wrote:

John
    I got MOO cards and love them. The quality is good and their unique size gets attention. Plus you can have cards with different photos so, if I'm passing a card to someone interested in livestock photos, I use the shot of the Hereford bull. If it's someone looking for a child portrait - I have one of those. Etc. etc. etc.

I highly recommend them.clap.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2008
    Snowgirl wrote:
    I got MOO cards and love them. The quality is good and their unique size gets attention. Plus you can have cards with different photos so, if I'm passing a card to someone interested in livestock photos, I use the shot of the Hereford bull. If it's someone looking for a child portrait - I have one of those. Etc. etc. etc.

I highly recommend them.clap.gif

Now, Moo is a hip company and will import from FLIKR, I wonder if SM could work out a deal too?
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2008
    nice...
    JohnBiggs wrote:
    Now, Moo is a hip company and will import from FLIKR, I wonder if SM could work out a deal too?

Thanks for sending me the moo idea. They do have great stuff, but still looking for help with designing my card. Once I get it designed I might go with moo for printing.

Thanks, Kristen :-)
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    Do you ahve PhotoShop??? It is really easy to design in PS....start with a blank white canvas of 2x3 inches.....use layers to add the photos and text and when done....save the whole thing as a layered TIFF or PSD.....then flatten the whole thing and print to see how you like it.........I have design software called Office Printer (from MOSS Bay Software) and it is great also.....but any photo processing software should allow you to design and print the cards.

Since B-cards are the same size as wallet photos you can print them as wallets from PS.........

For large printing orders I am looking at GOT PRINTS .com ..... really reasonable prices on B-cards of 5K (~$50) and up....also all sorts of other Ptintable marketing stuff.............................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    If you are going with overnight prints, they have a really handy start file with a few directions on it. Just download, delete the layers with directions, and go at it! Pretty simple stuff, really.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2008
    Thanks, all set!
    Thanks Heather! I was able to create a great card (I think it's great haha) while I was between editing video of the Phillies winning the World Series. Your site is great, did you create it yourself, or get someone else to build it? Take care!

-Kristen- ;-)
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    Its all me, and thank you!