Options

I'll trade a tip for some help, this time...

Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
edited May 7, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I figure I gotta contribute SOMEtimes, instead of always nagging help@smugmug and leeching knowledge from the forum... icon10.gif (I jest)

My "genius invention" is to what use I've put my photo keywords; click on my smugmug to see what I mean:

www.matthewsaville.com
http://matthewsaville.smugmug.com/keyword/

It's extremely self explanatory I think, but all I've done is I've gone into every picture I've uploaded at a printable resolution that I want to be available to the public, and I've classified it with keywords specifying info about the print. In every photo, you put "view all prints", and then from there you can add details like the print size, subject / genre, etc. etc. So my 126 total photos can be viewed all together, or categories of color/BW, or categories of landscape/macro/architectural/panoramic, etc. etc. Don't forget to mind the quotation marks, otherwise you'll have just a big mess...

21440572-O.jpg

Nifty, eh? I just thought I'd share this as a tip for anyone who might think it's a cool idea... (Another tip is obvious in how I name all my image files. I'm still hoping smugmug will script in the filename underneath image thumbnails in custom pro pricing!!)

My only quibble is that keywords seem to not be case sensitive.

My question now has to do with titlebars: I'm pretty adept at creating a simple JPG "header", but some sites like Mark Javer's have titlebars with integrated links in them, seemingly as part of the JPG image. What scripting do I have to know to do this? Can it be done simply with HTML? Can I do it in Photoshop with "slices" etc. (barely understand those) simply by creating a normal JPG titlebar and then cutting it up? ...Or do I need a true internet scripting program?

Many thanks,
-Matt-
My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum

Comments

• Options
    ImageMapperImageMapper Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 7, 2005
    You can just use a simple image map if you want to. If you don\'t know what that is, just do a google search to find many tools. It is just a real simple way to add links to an image. If the image is somewhat more complex then you can slice it and then add the links to the slices. IF you have image ready with photoshop, you can use that to do the jobs.

good luck
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    You can just use a simple image map if you want to. If you don\'t know what that is, just do a google search to find many tools. It is just a real simple way to add links to an image. If the image is somewhat more complex then you can slice it and then add the links to the slices. IF you have image ready with photoshop, you can use that to do the jobs.

good luck
    Wow, that was about the coolest thing I've ever done! Thanks for the tip, I used a free online image mapping program I found on a website called "pcoward"...

Thanks again,
    -Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Matt,
    Thank you for the tips on keywords. My keywords are a mess, I really need to start adding them in more carefully. I like your suggestions!

Thanks,