Nicole

photonphoton Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited October 31, 2008 in People
Give it to me straight -- love it or hate it (or something in between :)? How would you improve it?

Let me know.

405714914_sZzpL-XL.jpg
photon

Comments

• i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    I really like it. Great crop & color. Excellent pose. Lovely lady thumb.gif

What more did you want?
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    Not my taste but that has nothing to do with the quality. The photo is wonderful and very well done. Great job!!! clap.gif
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    photon wrote:
    Give it to me straight -- love it or hate it (or something in between :)? How would you improve it?
    Let me know.
    Lovely! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • JeriAmrineJeriAmrine Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    I really like this shot. I would like to see more of her eye makeup, though. Maybe do a shot showing her left side?? Other than that, great lighting, processing, etc!
    Jeri

www.jeriamrinephotography.com

Gear: Canon XTi, some Canon lenses, a few filters, lights and other gadgets I'm not quite sure how to use...yet!

Always wanting new glass....

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    it's great shot except one nit pick..the artistic flourish under her left eye should be under her right eye imo. From this pov you have to almost look close to tell it was not her hair. If it was under her right eye, I imagine it would be quite obvious and perhaps add to the drama of the picture.

I like the shot very much though
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    The shot and composition is excellent. I'm not a huge fan of the overall blue hue (it's a taste thing). Also, the farthest eye is OOF and realize many like that look. The lips would look better without all the spotty specular highlights as well. It would be fun to see this processed in a few different versions. I really like the lighting.....nice jobthumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • KoryJKoryJ Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    I like the blue hue, makes it feel like a moonlight shot.
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    I like the picture, I think the lighting is perfect and set a mood for the photos. I wonder what it would be like if you used a softer lightler blue possible a little closer to a silver gray even.
  • photonphoton Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    Thanks King
    I really like it. Great crop & color. Excellent pose. Lovely lady thumb.gif

What more did you want?

Thanks King... I appreciate that you appreciate it and took a solid look!
    photon
    edited October 30, 2008
    If we all had the same taste...
    Wachel wrote:
    Not my taste but that has nothing to do with the quality. The photo is wonderful and very well done. Great job!!! clap.gif

If we all had the same taste in photos, life would certainly be a lot less interesting! Thanks very much for your kind comments.
    photon
    edited October 30, 2008
    Thanks Nikolai!
    Nikolai wrote:
    Lovely! thumb.gif

Thanks Nikolai! It means a lot coming from you... Your work is simply amazing!
    photon
    edited October 30, 2008
    Very good point
    Qarik wrote:
    it's great shot except one nit pick..the artistic flourish under her left eye should be under her right eye imo. From this pov you have to almost look close to tell it was not her hair. If it was under her right eye, I imagine it would be quite obvious and perhaps add to the drama of the picture.

I like the shot very much though
    I completely agree with you and Jeri. Good catch! Unfortunately, I didn't have nearly enough time with the model as I would have liked. (It was part of a course, and we students had to cycle through pretty quickly).

Thanks for looking so closely and giving the constructive feedback!

Curtis
    photon
    edited October 30, 2008
    Thanks Swartzy!
    Swartzy wrote:
    The shot and composition is excellent. I'm not a huge fan of the overall blue hue (it's a taste thing). Also, the farthest eye is OOF and realize many like that look. The lips would look better without all the spotty specular highlights as well. It would be fun to see this processed in a few different versions. I really like the lighting.....nice jobthumb.gif

I used the Selenium Tone action in Lightroom, and adjusted the curves a bit. I find I'm liking the blue tone rather than leaving it grayscale or color b/c for me it gives it a more surreal feeling.

I'll have to work on the lips a little, as there is no easy way in Lightroom to get the highlights down. I think I agree that they might pull your eye away from hers :), which is the main focal point.

Thanks very much for your thoughtful comments!
    photon
    edited October 30, 2008
    Interesting possibility...
    Raina.Rae wrote:
    I like the picture, I think the lighting is perfect and set a mood for the photos. I wonder what it would be like if you used a softer lightler blue possible a little closer to a silver gray even.

Interesting possibility, Heather. Thanks for the suggestion on the color. I toned back the blue saturation, and ended up with this. I think it keeps the mood while it doesn't try as hard to be blue mwink.gif Personally, I think I like the more saturated version. What do you think?

406265303_ZumvB-L.jpg
    photon
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    I like the less saturated one. It reminds me more of being in the silver glow of moon light and I think it gives it a bit of a fantasy or dream quality. But again I love the shot overall.