Dss 11

achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
edited October 31, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
405595287_bhqpa-XL.jpg

Looking for opinions on the background. I'd like to try sky, but the sky has been gray and nasty since the beginning of this challenge. Any thoughts?
Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."

Comments

• achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    While I'm at it, I'm considering a different title;
    Windsurfing (current)
    Bass Jumping (new)

Thoughts?
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    Alan -

I'm so glad you started a thread because I was dying to say.. I LOVE this! I literally laughed out loud when I saw it posted, and think it is a wonderfully witty take on the theme thumb.gif

The black works for me - it does make it more "cartoon-y", but I think that kind of works with the stuffed dog, actually.

Great picture!

ETA: I think the current title works (is "Bass jumping" a fishing expression which makes it a pun too? If so, I missed the joke... which is probably why I like the first one better :)
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    ETA: I think the current title works (is "Bass jumping" a fishing expression which makes it a pun too? If so, I missed the joke... which is probably why I like the first one better :)

It's more likely a pun on BASE Jumping
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    It's more likely a pun on BASE Jumping

Aha....

However, I still didn't get the reference. Granted, I'm the least pop-culture-aware person on the planet, but even so "windsurfing" is perhaps clearer!! :)

Thanks for the explanation Pyro :)
    edited October 30, 2008
    Now I have to go back to the store and buy the stuffed fish so that I can have a double pun.
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

• PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    This is too cool! and too cute! Love it!

It would help me visualize the Loudness if there were some motion captured in the woofer. Hey, maybe that's a title idea...Woofer Surfing.

What a great concept Alan!
    edited October 30, 2008
    This is too cool! and too cute! Love it!

It would help me visualize the Loudness if there were some motion captured in the woofer. Hey, maybe that's a title idea...Woofer Surfing.

What a great concept Alan!

Capturing motion in the woofer is something on the table to do, haven't got it yet. I might try compositing another partial woofer on the image to show motion, have to play with it more.
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

edited October 30, 2008
    Ok, here's an attempt at motion ... did I get it?

406146277_3WkPQ-XL.jpg
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

• PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    Looks good to me - I'm digging it.