Options

Image Size on Tee Shirts and Sweatshirts

ShamguessShamguess Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
What is the actual final image size or ratio on a tee shirt or sweatshirt so I can pre-crop images appropriately?

Let me clarify my question, smugmug says a tee shirt image needs to be a minimum of 1500 X 1100 pixels. That led me to believe that the image ratio on the printed shirt would be 1500 X 1100. I cropped a picture to this ratio and added it to a gallery. When I run a test purchase for a shirt, it still indicates that it needs to be "cropped at checkout" and it shows the top and bottom being cut off.

I just want to know if the final image is 8X10 or some other pre-determined ratio so I can set up my images ahead of time.

Thanks
Steve

Comments

• Options
    ShamguessShamguess Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    the answer
    In case anyone cares....
    I contacted Smugmug directly and they said the printer said the final image is 7.75" X 9.75". That translates to a ratio of 1500 X 1150.
  • Options
    BetzBetz Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2008
    Shamguess wrote:
    What is the actual final image size or ratio on a tee shirt or sweatshirt so I can pre-crop images appropriately?

Let me clarify my question, smugmug says a tee shirt image needs to be a minimum of 1500 X 1100 pixels. That led me to believe that the image ratio on the printed shirt would be 1500 X 1100. I cropped a picture to this ratio and added it to a gallery. When I run a test purchase for a shirt, it still indicates that it needs to be "cropped at checkout" and it shows the top and bottom being cut off.

I just want to know if the final image is 8X10 or some other pre-determined ratio so I can set up my images ahead of time.

Thanks
    Steve

I purchased t-shirts last year for a cheerleading competition. Finished size of the photo on the shirts was 7" wide by 9" high. Portrait orientation. The t-shirts are over a year old and still look fabulous and we get comments on them all the time.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    I had a customer that bought one of the t-shirts, but wasn't impressed with it because it looks like the default crop cut the image almost in half. Does the default crop cut the image or is there a way to have it not crop and have 'white space' above and below the image?
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    SamirD wrote: »
    I had a customer that bought one of the t-shirts, but wasn't impressed with it because it looks like the default crop cut the image almost in half. Does the default crop cut the image or is there a way to have it not crop and have 'white space' above and below the image?

Sure - just use 'no crop' in the shopping cart or in your proof delay page.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Shamguess wrote: »
    In case anyone cares....
    I contacted Smugmug directly and they said the printer said the final image is 7.75" X 9.75". That translates to a ratio of 1500 X 1150.

And here is our page for tshirts
    http://www.smugmug.com/prints/photo-t-shirts
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Sure - just use 'no crop' in the shopping cart or in your proof delay page.
    My customer already bought a shirt, but didn't seem too happy with it. Is there a way they can get a replacement without the crop?
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    SamirD wrote: »
    My customer already bought a shirt, but didn't seem too happy with it. Is there a way they can get a replacement without the crop?
    Shoot us the order number at the Help Desk and we'll check it out for you. http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

Guarantee: http://www.smugmug.com/prints/our-guarantee.mg