Why this is one of my favorite images

houseofdixonhouseofdixon Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited November 14, 2008 in Sports
This summer I competed in the 10th Annual Ironman USA in Lake Placid, NY. For those that don't know that is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, & 26.2 mile run. This was a huge deal for me and I took this photo the day before last year's race. It was my inspiration for an entire year as I trained.
IIIa.jpg

Comments

• TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    Congratulations on the Ironman! I can see how this photo inspired you. thumb.gif
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    This summer I competed in the 10th Annual Ironman USA in Lake Placid, NY. For those that don't know that is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, & 26.2 mile run. This was a huge deal for me and I took this photo the day before last year's race. It was my inspiration for an entire year as I trained.
    IIIa.jpg

You should check out Fried Quads. It was started by Baldy for triathletes and iron man competitors.

Shay.
  • nobodynobody Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    Training for that is definitely a major commitment. Before I had kids, I did do a marathon and two 1/2 ironman events in the same year. At times, I was training 16 or more hours per week. I don't have that kind of free time anymore, so I stick to shorter events.