People and their horses

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited November 4, 2008 in People
This set is from a shoot that was just adorable, he's a doll of an old man, who this lady has leased for several years. She has had to give up her lease, and today is actually their last day together, hopefully not for forever, but for at least a little while.

406479781_hEbPp-XL.jpg

This shoot was from a first time horse owner, she's owned him for a little over a year now, she's putting herself through University, and is providing excellent care for this fellow.

406481341_tE7BX-XL.jpg

I truly think that I have THE best job in the world, to come across bonds like these gals have with their horses doesn't happen all the time.

Love to heard CC, Thanks for looking!

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    I really really really like your mixture and variety of processing, as well as your selective compositions. You've done a great job of capturing the essence of the connectivity between rider and horse. Very well done!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    I really really really like your mixture and variety of processing, as well as your selective compositions. You've done a great job of capturing the essence of the connectivity between rider and horse. Very well done!

Wow Swartzy, Thank you very kindly for your comments. I've toyed with the idea of editing all my photos similar, as I know that some photographers do, kind of their "thumbprint" but I have really found that people desire the mixture, they love the traditional prints, but really get a kick out of something different. I worry sometimes and don't want to over do the editing, as I don't want them to look like they've been pickniced or whatever program it is all the facebook kiddies are using!:D
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    I love the details in the photographs. You did very well conveying the emotion in the pictures. You really feel her sadness of saying a temporary good bye with that horse. Very nicely done

:D
    edited November 2, 2008
    I love the details in the photographs. You did very well conveying the emotion in the pictures. You really feel her sadness of saying a temporary good bye with that horse. Very nicely done

:D

Thank you very kindly for the compliments!
  • SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    Very nice job.

I know all to well the sadness of an old friend leaving.
    RON
    edited November 2, 2008
    Schnauzer wrote:
    Very nice job.

I know all to well the sadness of an old friend leaving.

Thank you Schnauzer!
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Really nice job showing the connection riders feel with their friends. I too like the mixture of different processing techniques. These will make such nice keepsakes. :)
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    These are gorgeous. I had the opportunity last year to do a portrait session of a high school senior and his horse...and know all too well the challenges of working around large animals. This knowledge... for me...adds all the more respect for what you have captured here.

Very well done!bowdown.gif
    edited November 4, 2008
    JenGrace wrote:
    Really nice job showing the connection riders feel with their friends. I too like the mixture of different processing techniques. These will make such nice keepsakes. :)

Thanks! :D
    She's super excited and is giving them as christmas gifts!!!
    edited November 4, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    These are gorgeous. I had the opportunity last year to do a portrait session of a high school senior and his horse...and know all too well the challenges of working around large animals. This knowledge... for me...adds all the more respect for what you have captured here.

Very well done!bowdown.gif

Thank you kindly jeffreaux2! It's a challenge that I adore, equine photography is my speciality!!!! :D