Options

Custom Prices and fulfilment, shopping cart

cperkinscperkins Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited November 3, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
In looking at signing up for a pro account I would like to know the custom price works for the collages and photobooks. Also does the customer actually build the collage and/or photobook. Can I offer them but build them myself, and have them sent to the customer.

Another question, about the shopping cart, can I have customers go through a pick what they want and then have the shopping cart emailed to me and I will take care of getting the photos/merchandise ordered. The reason is I can then give them free shipping, offer gift certificates, family discounts etc. I will take care of the payment and sales tax side of things from the customer.

Thank you
Chuck Perkins
cperkinsphotography.com
Chuck Perkins
www.cperkinsphotography.com
Canon 7D, XSi, 17-55 2.8IS, 70-200 2.8, 50 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 18-55 Kit Lens, 580,430, Alien Bee Studio Lights

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    cperkins wrote:
    In looking at signing up for a pro account I would like to know the custom price works for the collages and photobooks. Also does the customer actually build the collage and/or photobook. Can I offer them but build them myself, and have them sent to the customer.
    Hi, you can make them and send them to clients - they can't create them - yet - it's something we want in the future though!

Another question, about the shopping cart, can I have customers go through a pick what they want and then have the shopping cart emailed to me and I will take care of getting the photos/merchandise ordered. The reason is I can then give them free shipping, offer gift certificates, family discounts etc. I will take care of the payment and sales tax side of things from the customer.

No, but we'll have some new options along these lines soon, I hope thumb.gif
  • Options
    bwhyselbwhysel Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, you can make them and send them to clients - they can't create them - yet - it's something we want in the future though!

No, but we'll have some new options along these lines soon, I hope thumb.gif

Just to be clear, do you mean that we must both create the books and forward them on to the customer manually? There is no way to create the photobook and have the customer order it directly from smugmug and have smugmug handle fulfillment as with other gifts? Thanks.