Options

big sale help

JamforeJamfore Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited November 1, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just got a email from a company that wants to buy my photo for a post card to sent to all their customers. I am still in shock and not believing this. I checked their website and found what looks to be a real company with a list of executives and the person that contacted me is on that list. It appears they have a branch in CT and one in KY. They service 5 satates and part of Canada. I felt surely this must be a joke. They say on their site that they have 5000 active customers.

I want to do this as a 1 time offer exclusive to the card only.
I have never every had anything this big. Am I dreaming???

Big question. what to charge?

Comments

• Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    Jamfore wrote:
    I just got a email from a company that wants to buy my photo for a post card to sent to all their customers. I am still in shock and not believing this. I checked their website and found what looks to be a real company with a list of executives and the person that contacted me is on that list. It appears they have a branch in CT and one in KY. They service 5 satates and part of Canada. I felt surely this must be a joke. They say on their site that they have 5000 active customers.

I want to do this as a 1 time offer exclusive to the card only.
    I have never every had anything this big. Am I dreaming???

Big question. what to charge?
    Either a flat fee (say $150) for full rights to the full sized digital image for them to use as they see fit, or a charge per use -- except you won't really know how often they use it.

congrats!
    //Leah
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
  • Options
    JamforeJamfore Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    Big Sale
    Thanks Guys I had no idea what to charge. I have only been with Smugmug 1 month (wish I knew about it years ago) and my business is taking off. :D My retirement dreams my come true yet!!clap.gif
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Danged, sorry. Didn't realize this was in the support forum when i replied. I was cruising the 'New Stuff' for interesting posts.
    //Leah