Options

Mac screen shots.

SDsurferSDsurfer Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited October 31, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there any way to disable screen shots on a Mac? Similar to disabling right click save as.

Thanks,

Jamie

Comments

• Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    A user can disable screen shots on their own Mac by unchecking the screen shot shortcuts in the Keyboard and Mouse preferences, last pane. But I don't know if it is possible for a web site to disable screen shots on everyone else's Mac, which is what I think you're asking. Someone else will have to answer that, but my gut feeling is it isn't possible since it is an OS function and not a browser function. Right-clicking images on a web page is a browser function.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,258 moderator
    edited October 31, 2008
    And disabling right-click save is merely a bump in the road for those who want to steal images on the web. If you're concerned about theft you might want to consider watermarking your photos.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/image-protection

--- Denise
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    colourbox wrote:
    A user can disable screen shots on their own Mac by unchecking the screen shot shortcuts in the Keyboard and Mouse preferences, last pane. But I don't know if it is possible for a web site to disable screen shots on everyone else's Mac, which is what I think you're asking. Someone else will have to answer that, but my gut feeling is it isn't possible since it is an OS function and not a browser function. Right-clicking images on a web page is a browser function.

Changing shortcuts doesn't really disable. You can always use a third-party app to grab screens. The answer is no.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops