Second Model Shoot

canonguycanonguy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited May 10, 2005 in People
This is my second attempt at shooting a model. I find that my creativity goes down a bit when I am out there shooting. Again, I think I have to better map out my intentions during the shoot. I find it hard to come up with a good variety of poses. Anyway, here are a couple shots (my favorites so far) with a link to the gallery. Comments are welcome.

21463117-M.jpg

21463047-M.jpg

21463003-M.jpg

The gallery is here;
http://peart.smugmug.com/gallery/521068/1/21463003

Enjoy!

Comments

• canonguycanonguy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    I would love some constructive feedback on these pics. Would could give them more "pop". Looking for ideas to draw out personality, not just looks.

Thanks for looking.
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    I like number 1. And while she has pretty hair, I'd be interested in a B&W treatment.

#3 is very good, great capture there. The only thing would be that I kind of want all the flowers in focus too. More DOF next time, but overall it doesn't kill it. Excellent shot.

#2 doesn't do it for me. The lighting, background, pose, it just doesn't work for me.

Overall, I like them. I think you had a better model this time too.

Nice job.
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    I just checked out the gallery. I really like the last shot. Very nice. thumb.gif
  • lr1811lr1811 Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    #1 & 3
    I like #1 & #3. #2 is ok but I prefer the other two. I'd leave #1 alone. Maybe with #3 I'd try some B&W (maybe even leaving the flowers color and everything else B&W).

I have no clue if this helps or not - but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

(also - very pretty model!)

Brian
    edited May 10, 2005
    Thanks guys! Yeah, the model is a nice looking girl. I paid more attention this time to some of the finer details, like clothing and jewlry! She showed up with big earings and lots of silver which I had her remove. Plus, I was much more specific on clothing. It's funny when you tell them no black or white they panic because that is most of these girls' wardrobe. When you tell them no logos, they go into a little frenzy.

All in all, a fun shoot though and she was a good sport.
    edited May 10, 2005
    lr1811 wrote:
    I like #1 & #3. #2 is ok but I prefer the other two. I'd leave #1 alone. Maybe with #3 I'd try some B&W (maybe even leaving the flowers color and everything else B&W).

I have no clue if this helps or not - but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

(also - very pretty model!)

Brian
    I really like #1 myself. This one is as is straight out of the camera. No cropping, no adjustment in RAW, just BAMthumb.gif . I love when a pic requires no post processing.

Thanks for the feedback, and I just saved 15% on my car Insurance with Gieco.:D
  • Isaac DwyerIsaac Dwyer Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    IMHO I dont like the second, The first and third are good though.

I checked out the gallery and the shots on the second page, there are 2 in there that I think are outstanding shots.

http://peart.smugmug.com/gallery/521068/2/21697999

and

http://peart.smugmug.com/gallery/521068/2/21698006

cant link the images directly.

Good work over all.
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    #1 - nice candid shot. The model has a nice neutral expresssion on her face making the image useful in many areas as stock, which I assume is where you are going with these as you mentioned you asked her to wear nothing with logos.

#2. Not sure what you were going for here but the model looks really annoyed. On to those little tiny detail things. Her dress is wrinkled which is natural enough but is something that a MUHA would have stopped you over while they smoothed her out.

#3 Solid stock potential here with lots of general usefulness. But... I think the flowers are a little over powering and you could have gotten by with a smaller grouping of them. They kind of make me wonder is this a shot of a girl holding flowers or is it a shot of flowers attacking a girl? But again the shot has great usefulness as RF stock and would be accepted by most online agencies
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
    Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
    "The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"