First images with my new D700

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited November 3, 2008 in Landscapes
Love the ergonomics and other features of this camera as compared to my D80. These were taken with a Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR G-AS at f/16 1/400 iso 1000 @80mm
I still haven't figured out all the bells and whistles on it but I thought these came out pretty nice considering that it was a dreary overcast cold day.

As always C&C much apprectiated.

409244488_xJApY-L.jpg

100% crop from the original.

409255012_ZBKQ8-L.jpg

407239078_Gtz8z-L.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    Hi Jack,

Looks like we'll be learning the D700 at the same time. I'm just starting to play with mine too. I've loved the D80 but I look forward to the expanded abilities the new camera will afford me. I was late coming into the digital world and I am anxious to get back to the full frame system, mainly to the familiar performance of all the great lenses I had for my F4 and F5. Good luck with you new purchase.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    Very nice. I like the shot but I think maybe a tighter crop or maybe a lower angle. I was I could afford a D700 but the D60 will be fine for me right now. Keep up the good work!
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    Hi Jack,

Looks like we'll be learning the D700 at the same time. I'm just starting to play with mine too. I've loved the D80 but I look forward to the expanded abilities the new camera will afford me. I was late coming into the digital world and I am anxious to get back to the full frame system, mainly to the familiar performance of all the great lenses I had for my F4 and F5. Good luck with you new purchase.

Tom

Great minds think alike! :D

Jack
    edited November 2, 2008
    Very nice. I like the shot but I think maybe a tighter crop or maybe a lower angle. I was I could afford a D700 but the D60 will be fine for me right now. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for commenting. Not sure why a tighter crop would be better. I wanted to balance the tree on each side with the smaller trees that still had their leaves.

Jack
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    Great
    Congrats ! waiting for more images clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    Congrats on the new camera. Looks like your getting the feel for it.

I tried out my cousins for about 1/2 hour a month ago. Being a canon shooter I didn't have time to figure out all the buttons but it seemed like a real nice camera.
    RON
    edited November 3, 2008
    Great
    Congrats ! waiting for more images clap.gif

Thanks Awais. The view here is spectacular. I'm waiting for a nice blue sky day to return,

Jack
    edited November 3, 2008
    Schnauzer wrote:
    Congrats on the new camera. Looks like your getting the feel for it.

I tried out my cousins for about 1/2 hour a month ago. Being a canon shooter I didn't have time to figure out all the buttons but it seemed like a real nice camera.

Thanks Schnauzer. It's quite different from my D80 but but I am getting used to it.

Jack
  • TonyLTonyL Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    I don't have a D700, I use an E-3, but the D700's lcd is simply amazing, as well as its low light ability. Good luck to you both with the D700's.
    -Anthony

APL Photography || My Gear: Bunch of 4/3rds stuff
    Facebook: Friend / Fan || Twitter: @aplphoto
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Congrats on the new camera! It's my next dream. Looks like you're going to have a lot of fun. :D
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose