Options

when is the end of the month?

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited November 1, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
So I submitted an email request for payment at 10:09 p.m. last night (October 31) for my print and download sales for October. But I received an email reply saying my request needed to be submitted before the end of the month in order for me to be paid in November. :scratch

If the end of the month isn't the last day of the month at midnight in the pacific time zone where Smugmug is located, when is it? :scratch

Seriously-- does the end of the month really mean 5 p.m. (PT)? Midnight (ET)? Noon? October 30th? Please clarify so I'll know in the future.

And keep in mind IRS standards-- taxes due on April 15 means you have until midnight in your time zone to mail your tax forms. Seems pretty straightforward to me, but maybe Smugmug has a different method? :dunno

And yes, I know SM has customers around the world, but it still seems like the end of the month would mean midnight on the last day of the month for whatever time zone you're in.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    Hi Pete, we closed our Fiscal Year last night and that included all payments requested through yesterday morning. The other 11 months of the year, you'd be fine - we prep the checks and then get them out by the 8th of the month :)

Normally End of Month is 5pm Pacific Time on the last business day of the month.

Don't worry, I'll ask The Countess of Cash to cut you a check. It's not a huge deal and it is your money.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Normally End of Month is 5pm Pacific Time on the last business day of the month.

Ahhh -- thanks for the clarification, Andy. I had no idea (obviously).

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+