Options

The Chair Series (IMPLIES 18+ NSFW)

DerweissehaiDerweissehai Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited December 1, 2008 in Go Figure
Here are four from an early set I did last year.

2994454673_87016b4632.jpg?v=0

2994453973_099888f8c8.jpg?v=0

2995292594_3a808d5b7d.jpg?v=0

2994448287_10a29c5789.jpg?v=0

Enjoy!:D
7D/40D/XTi/G10/EOS630/50MM 1.8/430/580x2/18-55/28-135/PWx2/Sekonic LM/Tam. 70-200 2.8
Model Site/Portrait Site/Flcikr/MM

Adam

Comments

• Options
    AlexanderAlexander Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    Good idea, especially only the implications and the lack of "real" visibility!
    I prefer the pose in #1.

A few suggestions:
    I personally think the light is too hard.
    Tweak the contrast a little in Photoshop, Brightness -6 and Contrast +21, for example.
    Crop the shadow on the left and the furniture on the right.
    Life is different.
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2008
    Alexander wrote:
    Good idea, especially only the implications and the lack of "real" visibility!
    I prefer the pose in #1.

A few suggestions:
    I personally think the light is too hard.
    Tweak the contrast a little in Photoshop, Brightness -6 and Contrast +21, for example.
    Crop the shadow on the left and the furniture on the right.

Thanks. Will do that on the next set. Will be posting some from last nights shoot later today.....B&W fine art nudes with a snoot.
    7D/40D/XTi/G10/EOS630/50MM 1.8/430/580x2/18-55/28-135/PWx2/Sekonic LM/Tam. 70-200 2.8

Adam
  • Options
    i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    I agree with the original assessment - the poses are awesome, but the light just looks too flat. Maybe a spot or strobe just off the camera would add a lot to this. Use the shadows to your advantage in an 'implied' shot...

Dang good work though, dang good.
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2008
    I agree with the original assessment - the poses are awesome, but the light just looks too flat. Maybe a spot or strobe just off the camera would add a lot to this. Use the shadows to your advantage in an 'implied' shot...

Dang good work though, dang good.

I agree. But alas that model is no longer doing nay modeling of this sorts...she is sticking to the more hardcore area...which I do not shoot. But I will be posting some more from a new model here shorty.

Adam
  • Options
    loubellloubell Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    The chair
    For the setting in which you shot these photographs - I think the lighting is perfect. clap.gif
    There is not much to the dramatics with the lighting you have in these photographs. I am assuming you didn't want dramatic as these photographs are filled with a certain sophistication.

I love the use of the chair with the door and the floor. All 3 components fit well together in these photographs.

The second photograph is my favorite. I like how the model looks like she is pulling up on her legs yet the chair is still in play.... Great job!
    ~If you're photographing in color you show the color of their clothes - if you use black and white, you will show the color of their soul.~

http://www.myspace.com/loubellsunrise

http://www.freespiritphotography.com/smugmug