Not Recommended for Arachnaphobics...

rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
edited November 3, 2008 in Holy Macro
We had a great deal of rain last night, and it always brings out the spiders. First is a very small spider eating a fly:

408465543_6GnZo-M.jpg

Second is called a Huntsman, I do believe they are from the tarantula family??

408575210_juwFQ-L.jpg

I'm not going to pretend to be brave :rofl She was dead. I had my house sprayed at the end of last summer as we had some real nasties coming in the house. At least I know now its working. But even though I knew she was dead, it still gave me the total willies taking this shot. Goosebumps and everything:rofl even by Australian standards this one is pretty big. From top of head to end of abdomen would be over 2 inches long.
www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso

Comments

• obecanobeobecanobe Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    I totally know where you are coming from.
    This one was well and truly alive when I took it eek7.gif

2816728776_bbb47f7d67_o.jpg

Feel free to remove if you wish.
    Canon 40D, 17-85mm Kit Leans, 60mm 2.8 Canon, MR-14EX, Kenko Tubes
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    rahmonster wrote:
    We had a great deal of rain last night, and it always brings out the spiders. First is a very small spider eating a fly:

Second is called a Huntsman, I do believe they are from the tarantula family??

I'm not going to pretend to be brave rolleyes1.gif She was dead. I had my house sprayed at the end of last summer as we had some real nasties coming in the house. At least I know now its working. But even though I knew she was dead, it still gave me the total willies taking this shot. Goosebumps and everythingrolleyes1.gif even by Australian standards this one is pretty big. From top of head to end of abdomen would be over 2 inches long.

Awwww ya big girl its dead no need to be frighten of it rolleyes1.gif
    They are a frightful sight when they are alive,
    try taking a shot like that of a live one.... hahaha the whole time you will be worrying if the darn thing is gonna jump on you or the camera.

You are loving your Kenkos' aren't you.... getting great results too Tara nod.gif
    Well Done! clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Awwww ya big girl its dead no need to be frighten of it rolleyes1.gif
    They are a frightful sight when they are alive,
    try taking a shot like that of a live one.... hahaha the whole time you will be worrying if the darn thing is gonna jump on you or the camera.

You are loving your Kenkos' aren't you.... getting great results too Tara nod.gif
    Well Done! clap.gif .... Skippy :D

I am not a spider person....Ok? rolleyes1.gif And I had to get really close. I had the 36mm tube on the 18-55EF-s. It's a bit lighter than the 50mm. If it were a live one there's no way I'd even think about getting that close. I have had them jump on me before.....Ew.

I am really loving the Kenkos. I can't beleive how much bang four your buck you get:D
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso