>DSS #11: Loud or Silent Feedback Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    HumpreyCogayHumpreyCogay Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2008
    Thank you sir pemmet =)
    pemmett wrote:
    Michael/Emily, Thank you so much for your comments and positive feedback. The photo took quite some time to setup, mostly due to me trying to subtly light up the inside of my mouth with a third flash! So I thought I would do a small behind the scenes thingymajig mwink.gif

Here's the setup shot:
    407955070_cWeRZ-S.jpg

The main light of the photo in provided by the softbox camera left, which by itself produces the following image:
    407952456_zq8EW-S.jpg

The second light I added was the hair light camera right, which by itself created the following image:
    407952832_n78sf-S.jpg

The image with these two lights combined looked like this:
    407941958_tkNah-S.jpg

I wanted to try and highlight the mouth in a subtle way so I spent the next 30-45 min creating an 8" snoot with a whole the size of small button on the end! This light on it's own produced this image:
    407953150_Kei4H-S.jpg

Finally with a reflector on the right to give a very subtle fill-in I was able to get the following image:
    407944391_JCiLy-S.jpg

I felt that the light on the mouth was slightly too obvious so I added a 1/4" grid on the end of the snoot and finally got the subtly I was looking for :D

407946671_XAM7Q-S.jpg

Finally I used Photoshop to add in the negative space simply by doubling the canvas size and filling it with black.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Wow thank you for sharing sir Pemmet =).... Great Lighting ....clap.gif
  • Options
    Michael AtkinsMichael Atkins Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2008
    pemmett wrote:
    Michael/Emily, Thank you so much for your comments and positive feedback. The photo took quite some time to setup, mostly due to me trying to subtly light up the inside of my mouth with a third flash! So I thought I would do a small behind the scenes thingymajig mwink.gif

Here's the setup shot:

The main light of the photo in provided by the softbox camera left, which by itself produces the following image:

The second light I added was the hair light camera right, which by itself created the following image:

The image with these two lights combined looked like this:

I wanted to try and highlight the mouth in a subtle way so I spent the next 30-45 min creating an 8" snoot with a whole the size of small button on the end! This light on it's own produced this image:

Finally with a reflector on the right to give a very subtle fill-in I was able to get the following image:

I felt that the light on the mouth was slightly too obvious so I added a 1/4" grid on the end of the snoot and finally got the subtly I was looking for :D

Finally I used Photoshop to add in the negative space simply by doubling the canvas size and filling it with black.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Thanks for posting your work here! It's really insightful to see how you made it happen. Very impressive.
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2008
    Congratulations to all on an amazing series of creative images, and thanks to all who included me in their favs. wings.gif

Dan
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    pemmett wrote:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. clap.gif

I've been on a business trip since last Monday and finally returned home late last night--still catching up here! Thanks to everyone who included my image in their top ten. Britta, my model, is thrilled to hear it, but it has not convinced her to help me out again any time in the near future. :D
  • Options
    achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    Thanks to everyone who put me in their picks, lots of good competition this round.
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."
  • Options
    VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    Just wondered, and I may have missed it somewhere, but will the judges be critiquing the other entries of this one? ear.gif
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    VelvtRide wrote:
    Just wondered, and I may have missed it somewhere, but will the judges be critiquing the other entries of this one? ear.gif

I would love to (and hope to get back to that someday), but right now my schedule just doesn't allow it. Anyone who wishes an individual critique is welcome to PM me (with a link to their image please). I feel critiques are an important part of this forum and I really wish the community would try to become more involved in this.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    I would love to (and hope to get back to that someday), but right now my schedule just doesn't allow it. Anyone who wishes an individual critique is welcome to PM me (with a link to their image please). I feel critiques are an important part of this forum and I really wish the community would try to become more involved in this.

Thanks, Emily. They are important - they really help me develop my skills. thumb.gif