Fun with kitesurfers

JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
edited November 5, 2008 in People
I don't know if this classifies as a sport, so I put it in the people forum. Mods, feel free to move this if it needs to be.

Anyways, I was in Ormond Beach on Saturday and happened to spot these guys having a good time. It was the first true test of my 70-300VR and I think it performed fairly well considering the windy conditions and the distance. :cool

409094263_RHdLg-M.jpg

409095647_vMCTQ-M.jpg

409096500_5vKLB-M.jpg

409095409_3mVnt-M.jpg

Here's the gallery of 17 images.
Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 3, 2008
    Great pics, but....

you don't think kite surfing counts as a sport!? eek7.gif
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Well it's not so much that I think that, but more than I don't really know. I edited the OP to reflect that. :)
    Jen

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Laughing.gif... I'm not the biggest fan of kite surfers so I laughed when I saw your comment. I know you didn't mean it that way. Even so... Laughing.gif'd at it.

I surf and sometimes we get some kooks out there on these kite-boards that get to close to the line-up and have no control. Most of the time their newbies so I try to empathize but I think it's irresponsible of them to be learning in areas where there are surfers and swimmers.

Great pics though. Very sharp. Looks like a windy day. I always plan to shoot some of my buds surfing but I always end up in the water instead of on the beach with my camera. ne_nau.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Sweet captures Jen. thumb.gif Where were you shooting from? it looks like you had fairly high vantage point.
    edited November 5, 2008
    Laughing.gif... I'm not the biggest fan of kite surfers so I laughed when I saw your comment. I know you didn't mean it that way. Even so... Laughing.gif'd at it.

I surf and sometimes we get some kooks out there on these kite-boards that get to close to the line-up and have no control. Most of the time their newbies so I try to empathize but I think it's irresponsible of them to be learning in areas where there are surfers and swimmers.

Great pics though. Very sharp. Looks like a windy day. I always plan to shoot some of my buds surfing but I always end up in the water instead of on the beach with my camera. ne_nau.gif

:D:D I usually prefer being in the water as well, but I was dressed in non-water clothes. :D
    Jen

edited November 5, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    Sweet captures Jen. thumb.gif Where were you shooting from? it looks like you had fairly high vantage point.

Thanks so much, Travis. I was up on the side of the street about 10 feet above sea level. Tide was very high so I didn't venture onto the beach itself as I needed to stay semi-clean. :D
    Jen