Options

Do you know anything about the Dell 2708 WFP 27” TFT Monitor?

luvluv Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited November 7, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
My husband's coworker is selling this monitor. Do you know anything about it? I'd be using it for photography work/PP mainly. I cant seem to find any reviews on it.

Dell 2708 WFP 27” TFT Monitor<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Resolution: 1920 x 1200 – 1080p<o:p></o:p>
Silver with black glass base<o:p></o:p>
DVI Input<o:p></o:p>
purchased in April 2008 from Dell <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region><o:p></o:p>
new price today: 836 EUR (for latest model which is now Dell 2709)<o:p></o:p>
(I paid about 700 EUR for mine)

Comments

• Options
    bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    From what I can tell, Dell never released a 2708, jumping directly to the 2709. I don't see any reason to believe the 2708 ever existed, even in the UK, let alone the US, but that's on limited information.

Honestly, if you have a laptop, I would suggest bringing it over and checking out the picture before buying, or if the coworker is ok with it, trying it on your home system. Since you're dealing with someone you know better than normal, you have a better chance of trying it out.

In general, Dell displays are some of the best out there, no matter which one you end up with. I would verify the model number, and if you can check out the panel in advance. Other than that, good luck!
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • Options
    NewsyNewsy Registered Users Posts: 605 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008