How do you put your name on?

KTBoom2006-E510KTBoom2006-E510 Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
edited November 3, 2008 in Finishing School
How do you put your name on your photo's? The places I print cost per picture for you to emboss your name... Everytime I try to put it on my picture before printing, the cropping takes it out. which I crop my images to what we are ordering and it still does it.
~Katie~
:barb

http://www.kc1stphotography.com

2 Canon Rebel XSi
Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
2 Canon 14-55mm
Canon 55-250mm f4.0
Canon 580EX
Canon 580EX II

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    How do you put your name on your photo's? The places I print cost per picture for you to emboss your name... Everytime I try to put it on my picture before printing, the cropping takes it out. which I crop my images to what we are ordering and it still does it.

What if you hand sign with an acid free pen? You can often find them with scrapbooking supplies. I've never done this, just a suggestion. I use the backprinting option through smugmug.

Caroline
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited November 3, 2008
    If you use Lightroom2, you can print your identity Plate set up right into the jpg itself - this allows you so see your name and where ever you want it in the proposed crop all at the same time. Then you can take the new jpg with your name in it to the printer of your choice knowing the name and crop all work out properly.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • KTBoom2006-E510KTBoom2006-E510 Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Unfortunately I do not have LR2 anymore.... :cry
    ~Katie~
    :barb

http://www.kc1stphotography.com

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    I do mine straight thru in PS.....in a new layer I just type it in and move it to where i want it then flatten.....I start off wit hit at approx 1.5 inches from the bottom and right of the photo and so seems to be alright.......I also use a color a close to silver or gold as possible.....but also have used cyan and other colors a necessary.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website