wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited November 6, 2008 in Landscapes
763-5x7-8803j.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2008
    Beautiful photo. Hills have some interesting shapes
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    Beautiful photo. Hills have some interesting shapes

Thank you Awais. This was my first time in the canyon. I'm going to do a sunrise to sunset out there. The colors should go absolutely surreal.
    Anybody can do it.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    Beautiful; the colors are vibrant!
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    Great color, detail, and lighting! thumb.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    this looks to be a great location, love the shot! but im not sure i would be happy to have the darker volcanic looking soil in the composition...but then again it shows the mass extremes of the areas composition:D

anyway it looks really good, you did well!

that color change is interesting also!
    Aaron Nelson
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited November 5, 2008
    great shot, wonderfull textures in the rocks.
    phil
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Thank you Eia, Jeff, Aaron and Goldenorfe

I'm looking forward to revisiting this canyon when I have more time. The shots I took that day give me a feel for the scale and geology of the area and its natural features. In this shot there's a small slot canyon between the lighter hills on the left and the darker, volcanic based hill to its right. I've heard although short, it is quite pretty in the morning light. The mesquite is quite stickery and there is a separate trail that leads across the canyon that minimizes damage. For this shot I sweep and swing branches out of my way through several thickets. Further downstream (there is a creek running through the foreground under the brush) there is a small plain of sinkholes above a river. Up the river there are the remains of a cultural site (if one knows what to look for) and a waterfall that runs after a rain. Definately a place worth spending a couple sunrises and sunsets in. Probably in January.
    Anybody can do it.