My second senior shoot...

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited November 13, 2008 in People
Hey, all! Long time no see! I've been busy on a board of directors for a local yoga studio that's going non-profit and haven't felt very creative in quite a while... Anyway, I had a senior contact me for a shoot. I've been sort of backing off shoots lately with my lack of time, but she intrigued me after showing me a few sample shots that she liked as well as her contacting me instead of her folks. She came across as very together and really seemed to know what she wanted - and wanted to try a lot of different things.

Honestly, I'd been avoiding senior shoots. My first one, although fun, just didn't end up how I wanted. And I'd heard horror stories from others.... But I decided to try it once - and I had a blast! Jessanne was awesome, easy going and the camera just loved here... Here are a few from that shoot:

405472808_hxsNJ-M.jpg

405470825_EFGpn-M.jpg

Yes, that was a glass of wine provided for her as a prop... Not by me, though! LOL!
405475240_JrRR4-M.jpg

405479515_JK6Qx-M.jpg

405474293_tdySg-M.jpg

405471481_yrHzx-M.jpg

405471966_6cudJ-M.jpg

She definitely didn't want your standard photos and LOVED alternate processing hence the variety here...

Thanks so much! All C&C is always welcome! I'm thinking I may try to do a few more seniors so I want to make sure I improve as much as possible....

Comments

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    Oh Andi- clap.gifI think you should do more of these. I am just loving #5. And the others are not too far behind! Supurb work! #2 is also another favorite!:D

Glad to see you around again. I had wondered what happened to you!
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    Oh Andi- clap.gifI think you should do more of these. I am just loving #5. And the others are not too far behind! Supurb work! #2 is also another favorite!:D

Glad to see you around again. I had wondered what happened to you!

Thanks, Heather. It's been frustrating not having the time or the desire! Laughing.gif! I have 2 shoots this weekend and another over Thanksgiving with some great people... But I am not quite as excited as I should be. (Not them, simply me and all I have on my plate.)

Thanks again! This was definitely a blast!
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    I have really missed your work Andi. These are so well done....I love the variety of processing...makes me want to revisit my images and try to duplicate some of those looks. You should do lots more of this as kids love this style. Bravo!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited November 5, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    I have really missed your work Andi. These are so well done....I love the variety of processing...makes me want to revisit my images and try to duplicate some of those looks. You should do lots more of this as kids love this style. Bravo!

Thank you so much, Swartzy! I miss being here.... I always learn something from someone....

If you have LR, holler and I can send you some of the presets. The first one, though, is a texture added and then a contrast bumped. That was fun to play with!

Thanks again!
  • bahandibahandi Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 5, 2008
    Absolutely wonderful captures. Don't mind me, I'm just a lurker. rolleyes1.gif
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    I have to agree...I love this set! Fantastic. I've just finished doing my 3rd Senior shoot and I think I'm hooked. I hope I get a lot of business through these 3 seniors. It's very refreshing now that I am becoming more comfortable interacting with them. You definetly should do more senior shoots.
    :D
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Thanks so much! All C&C is always welcome! I'm thinking I may try to do a few more seniors so I want to make sure I improve as much as possible....
    There's not much room for improvement in this set!thumb.gif Aside from saying I've missed you, that's all I have to say about that!
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    I have to echo the others. I hope you like doing these because after these get out, you will get more requests!
    Jaye
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Ummm.... WOW??!!??

Yeah, wow. :jawdrop

And you're not kidding the camera loves her (does she have modelling aspirations?!!?). These are spectacular - thanks for sharing!
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Ok so you should definitely do more senior shoots.
    These are very well done.
    Love the non standard posing and processing.
    Don't ya love it when you get a girl like that who is so creative with her posing.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Awesome!! Those are all BEAUTIFUL!!! clap.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Hi Andi, welcome to Dgrin! I think you'll like it around here rolleyes1.gifTake your coat off, stay a while :D

Seriously have been missing your work! But these are worth the wait. What a fantastic set. I love seeing you push the envelope like this. Fantastic posing and lighting. She's a natural model who communicates with the camera so well. I think my favorite is #4 (and I recognize the door!)
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
    edited November 6, 2008
    bahandi wrote:
    Absolutely wonderful captures. Don't mind me, I'm just a lurker. rolleyes1.gif
    Welcome to DGrin and thank you so much!
    edited November 6, 2008
    I have to agree...I love this set! Fantastic. I've just finished doing my 3rd Senior shoot and I think I'm hooked. I hope I get a lot of business through these 3 seniors. It's very refreshing now that I am becoming more comfortable interacting with them. You definetly should do more senior shoots.
    :D
    Well, thanks for the vote! I really appreciate it! I had a blast so I think (if I can find the time!) I'll be doing more of these for sure....

Thanks again!
    edited November 6, 2008
    There's not much room for improvement in this set!thumb.gif Aside from saying I've missed you, that's all I have to say about that!
    Scott, you're a doll! Thank you so much! I *really* miss being here and I hope to find more time... I will have to update on my gallery showings (yay!) and much more, too!

It's GREAT to see you again!

Thanks again
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    SSSwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!! These are absolutely fabulous. Welcome back Andi! clap.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited November 6, 2008
    Great to see you posting again. Wonderful pics. thumb.gif
    edited November 6, 2008
    jayegirl wrote:
    I have to echo the others. I hope you like doing these because after these get out, you will get more requests!
    Thanks so much! May have to get the word out - it was a ton of fun!

Ummm.... WOW??!!??

Yeah, wow. :jawdrop

And you're not kidding the camera loves her (does she have modelling aspirations?!!?). These are spectacular - thanks for sharing!
    *blush*
    Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed these!

Ok so you should definitely do more senior shoots.
    These are very well done.
    Love the non standard posing and processing.
    Don't ya love it when you get a girl like that who is so creative with her posing.
    Thank so much! And yes, it's much easier when someone is at ease, isn't it? I love doing non-standard stuff... I'm just not good at forcing someone into a pose - I just dont' enjoy it!
    Awesome!! Those are all BEAUTIFUL!!! clap.gif
    Thank you SO much!!
    Hi Andi, welcome to Dgrin! I think you'll like it around here rolleyes1.gifTake your coat off, stay a while :D

Seriously have been missing your work! But these are worth the wait. What a fantastic set. I love seeing you push the envelope like this. Fantastic posing and lighting. She's a natural model who communicates with the camera so well. I think my favorite is #4 (and I recognize the door!)
    I hear people here are *really* nice... Laughing.gif!

I can't tell you how much I miss being here... and I didn't realize 'til I posted! It's nice to be back and I really hope I can find more time to post....

Thanks so much for the kind words, Lynne! It's SUCH a blast having a laid back, beautiful, easy going "model" to work with. She really was a joy! I gave her very little direction and she just went with it..... It was a blast!

Thanks again!
    edited November 6, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    SSSwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!! These are absolutely fabulous. Welcome back Andi! clap.gif

Laughing.gif! Thank you so much, Travis! I really appreciate the kind words and the great welcome!
    Great to see you posting again. Wonderful pics. thumb.gif

Thank you, Richard! That's so nice of you to say!!
  • RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Wow - these are amazing !!!! clap.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Hey Andi,

I ditto that we have really missed seeing your always fresh view through the lens. Glad to see you posting.

Senior portraits are my favorite type of shoot. The kids are generally willing participants, and most...especially the girls...actually like having a camera pointed their way for a couple hours. I like all of these, but my favorite has to be #6 ....the composition places her diagonally.....she looks relaxed.....her toes are pointed.....the light is right......a winner in my book. I also like the edgy processing of the set...including the funky textures. Very nicely done as you have managed to give them a retro rather than trendy look.

thumb.gif ....and thanks for sharing!
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Yay! The photogmomma is back in town! I actually peeked at these on your blog. :D She's a beautiful girl and your always unique captures and processing show her off so well. I hope you continue to find inspiration and share it...you deserve it and I need it (inspiration, that is)!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Jane1980Jane1980 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Wow - the photos are amazing.

I photographed my daughter for her senior pictures. I wish I had your talent!

j
  • adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    See... SEE... your photos are amazing! bowdown.gif
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Your processing here is really stunning, I'm sure she was very happy with the photos as well! I think 5 is my favorite.
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    These are fabulous!!! I love the processing.
    edited November 10, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Hey Andi,

I ditto that we have really missed seeing your always fresh view through the lens. Glad to see you posting.

Senior portraits are my favorite type of shoot. The kids are generally willing participants, and most...especially the girls...actually like having a camera pointed their way for a couple hours. I like all of these, but my favorite has to be #6 ....the composition places her diagonally.....she looks relaxed.....her toes are pointed.....the light is right......a winner in my book. I also like the edgy processing of the set...including the funky textures. Very nicely done as you have managed to give them a retro rather than trendy look.

thumb.gif ....and thanks for sharing!
    You know, I checked out your link in your siggie for suggestions! So thanks to you, I did more than I would have! Thanks...

And thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate it as it means a lot coming from you with all your awesome photos!
    Yay! The photogmomma is back in town! I actually peeked at these on your blog. :D She's a beautiful girl and your always unique captures and processing show her off so well. I hope you continue to find inspiration and share it...you deserve it and I need it (inspiration, that is)!

Thanks so much, Elaine! I just did a few more shoots (not as funky) over the weekend and I hope they came out this well. Thanks again for your kind words!
    See... SEE... your photos are amazing! bowdown.gif
    Thanks, Angela!!! You're a doll.... and I'm LOVING what you've done lately!
    edited November 10, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Your processing here is really stunning, I'm sure she was very happy with the photos as well! I think 5 is my favorite.

Thank you so much, Shima!!!!
    These are fabulous!!! I love the processing.

Thanks so much, David! I had a BLAST doing them!

Oh, and I'm sorry it took me so long to respond - I was out of town doing other shoots, too.... :)
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    You know, I checked out your link in your siggie for suggestions! So thanks to you, I did more than I would have! Thanks...

And thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate it as it means a lot coming from you with all your awesome photos!

Thanks so much, Elaine! I just did a few more shoots (not as funky) over the weekend and I hope they came out this well. Thanks again for your kind words!

Thanks, Angela!!! You're a doll.... and I'm LOVING what you've done lately!

Ive consolidated some of that thread into an article here...

Tips for Seniors
    edited November 13, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Ive consolidated some of that thread into an article here...

Tips for Seniors

Ahh! That's what I was looking for when I searched for your info... But I didn't find it right away. Thanks so much for posting it again! Very handy...