Lumix DMC-LX3 Images

jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
edited November 6, 2008 in Cameras
A few weeks ago I asked if any DGrinners had bought and used the new Lumix LX3 camera. I have been looking for a back up for my Nikon D300 for some time. I've actually went through a number of potential cameras over the past few years. A Canon G7. Nope, sold it on eBay. A Canon G9. Had it for a while but then sold it. I returned a few other smaller point and shoots, too.

A week ago I bought a new Lumix DMC-LX3. I read the reviews and it seemed like what I wanted. I've been very, very pleased so far.

Today I took it with me on my daily walk. That's something I just cannot do with my Nikon. I walk an hour every day in the neighborhood and in a park nearby. I snapped a lot of pictures while I was walking. All jpegs. The metering on this camera is really, really good. The dynamic range is impressive. The Leica lens is unbeliebably sharp for a little guy. The "intelligent auto" is almost always dead on. It choses pretty much what I would otherwise choose manually. I love the wider angle lens (24mm). Anyway, here are some images I took today. There's a little pp with most of them, but not that much. This is one phenomenal little point and shoot.

#!
410888069_aDEhE-XL.jpg

410888295_746ti-L.jpg

410890943_95j4N-L.jpg

410890715_PR5YE-L.jpg

410901411_NQAK2-XL.jpg

http://jeffmeyers.smugmug.com/photos/410886821_Xe5MM-XL.jpg

410891180_yqPVT-L.jpg

#8 - This last one was captured on the road in Iowa this weekend.
410887444_H3KmA-L.jpg
More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
Jeff Meyers

Comments

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    Thanks for the review,
    Yeah the LX 3 seems like a nice anti more MP digicam for the enthusiasts.
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Wow! Lovely shots- That camera does look quite spectacular. Going to give the G10 some good competition.
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Nice shots and the camera seems to do a good job.

Do you have any with higher sensitivities?
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Nice shots and the camera seems to do a good job.

Do you have any with higher sensitivities?

Not yet. But I'll try to get some with higher ISOs put up on my LX3 gallery in the next few days.
    Jeff Meyers
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Not yet. But I'll try to get some with higher ISOs put up on my LX3 gallery in the next few days.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    I don't mean to steal the thread at all, but since it's mainly just about the LX3, I'll share my gallery for my new LX3 as well: http://www.openbloom.com/gallery/6410314_FynSc#410543148_8Dw7X

I really love this camera. I've had it for slightly less than 2 weeks I think. I hardly ever pop up the flash since the lens gets to f/2 :) Overall just very nice images from a point and shoot. Certainly not DSLR quality but still VERY nice! I highly recommend it. It was a replacement for my still mint condition Fuji F30.
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    B&H already has it for $100 less than intro price just a month or so ago at $389.95. No wonder it's out of stock.
    I'm not into digicams but this one really is exciting. Way to go Panasonic. Small body, good price, easy to use Manual controls, Bigger sensor with less pixels, a wide and fast zoom.

The Leica version is interesting but not at $840 for basically the same camera.
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    B&H already has it for $100 less than intro price just a month or so ago at $389.95. No wonder it's out of stock.
    I'm not into digicams but this one really is exciting. Way to go Panasonic. Small body, good price, easy to use Manual controls, Bigger sensor with less pixels, a wide and fast zoom.

The Leica version is interesting but not at $840 for basically the same camera.

Whoa! $389! I bought mine just a little over a week ago from B&H and paid $450. I'm writing them to see if I can get a rebate/refund of the difference. Thanks for calling attention to this!
    Jeff Meyers