A Stroll Through Time

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited November 8, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
242818963_uKv7R-XL.jpg

242818906_vj3hE-XL.jpg

242961920_rrGqt-XL.jpg

Anyone care to guess the manufacturer of this car....it was a standard production model

242896484_hcTCw-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Nice ones Tom. I love the American cars of the '50's. That last one has me baffled though. It's reminiscent of Nash or Hudson but the rear portion doesn't seem to jibe with that.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    That last one is a Facel Vega. I haven't found the year, yet, due to the unique front-end and fins (maybe it's a custom?), but they were the original hybrid - back when "hybrid" meat American (Chrysler) engine and European (French) body.

As always, Tom, beautiful images! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008

Anyone care to guess the manufacturer of this car....it was a standard production model

These are in real nice condition Tom, if you could take one home,
    which one would you choose?

Great day for drooling hu rolleyes1.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    Hi Jack,

Like you, I'm hooked on the cars of the 50s and 60s. That was the time when every year brought a new look to the cars. As kids, we couldn't wait to spot the new years offerings. It was a much more simple time. I miss it.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited November 8, 2008
    Hi Lee,

It's great to hear from you. I might have known that it would be you who could identify the " mystery " car. You may be right, also, that it's a custom job. I've been searching for the placard picture that went with this car. It generally says if the car was custom or not. I thought it was a production model, but even their production cars were really custom in nature.

I know the folks who put this show on and I'm going to get with them and find out what I can. I'l let you know. Thanks again for your knowledgeable input.

Tom
    edited November 8, 2008
    Hi Skippy,

You may have noticed that, with the exception of the " mystery " car, these cars were all Fords. When I was a car crazy kid ( still am, just 67 years old ) I was a dyed-in-the-wool Chevy guy. But each of these Fords shown were milestone cars for the times and I well remember and liked them all.

I would probably pick the white GT 350 to take home. It came along in the mid 60s when cars started to get into real performance. I was right in the middle of those wild times. I had a '64 Pontiac GTO with Tri-Power and a '67 big-block Corvette. Looking back, I'm lucky to have survived those times.

Tom