Bought 1D Mark II N

PixNWPixNW Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited November 6, 2008 in Cameras
After deliberating over which way to go I ended up deciding that what I really wanted was a 1D. I wasn't willing to risk not being happy with AF on a new Mark III, so decided to find a clean II N. I found one on FM, contacted the owner and made a deal. He lives in Seattle, and I live on the east side of the state, and we're meeting in Vancouver this weekend because we'll both be in the area.

He sent me images, and it looks like brand new, and has all of the original packaging and materials. It also has a RRS L bracket on it. Other than the normal wear on the hotshoe, the camera looks like new. It has 37k actuations. I paid $2,000 for it. For the condition it's in I felt it was a good buy. I figure that the remaining depreciation on it won't be tough to deal with when I get a IV or something.

Very sincere thanks to Ziggy and everyone else that offered advice and thoughts along the way. I was pretty much ready to order a new 40D from B&H, but realized that I really wanted a 1D.
Canon 1D Mark IIN
Canon 350D
24-70 2.8L
70-200 2.8L IS
580EX II
1.4x Extender
Gitzo 3531 w/ RRS BH-55 Ballhead
RRS L-Plate, quick release clamp and plates

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited November 6, 2008
    Congratulations. clap.gif The Canon 1D MKIIN is still a very competent camera with very desirable features.

I guarantee that once you get used to it, you'll feel lost with anything else.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • PixNWPixNW Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Thanks Ziggy! I have little doubt that the Mark III would have been fine, but there was enough doubt about the AF in some of the conditons that I know it will get used that I was a bit uneasy. The fellow I bought the II N from has a Mark III and he hasn't experienced the AF problems, but he shoots mainly landscapes and not moving subjects. He also warned me that I would never own anything other than a 1D once I used this one a bit.
    Canon 1D Mark IIN
    Canon 350D
    24-70 2.8L
    70-200 2.8L IS
    580EX II
    1.4x Extender
    Gitzo 3531 w/ RRS BH-55 Ballhead
    RRS L-Plate, quick release clamp and plates