Options

Lightroom2 in Vista - How to disable auto-launch?

BlackwoodBlackwood Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
edited November 25, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
I recently got the brilliant idea (note the sarcasm) to install Windows Vista.

While I do find that it actually seems a bit peppier, there are naturally some annoyance.

For one, I can't seem to disable the auto-launch of Lightroom when I put in media with pictures (be it USB, Optical, etc.)

In XP, I killed the Adobe Photo Downloader service. In Vista, I can't seem to locate it, nor can I find an appropriate option within Lightroom.

Any help?

Thanks,
Marc

Comments

• Options
    edited November 8, 2008
    Never mind. For those who haven't yet discovered it, Vista has the Autoplay Options in the control panel.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    Blackwood wrote:
    Never mind. For those who haven't yet discovered it, Vista has the Autoplay Options in the control panel.

I am SO glad you posted this! I am on a new laptop with Vista AND a new LR user and have been strugggling with this very conundrum - between new OS and new editing programs I feel like a total doofus cuz I can't FIND anything!

Thanks!
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    between new OS and new editing programs

A real masochist! :whip

Good luck. :D
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2008
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    A real masochist! :whip

Good luck. :D

yeah, well it wasn't planned that way!!! The old lappie died, I got a STEAL on a refurb from Dell and it happened to come with Vista... I figured I"d try it before formatting and installing XP and, to my surprise, quite like it so far (shhhhh... don't tell!) so I'm sticking with it. For now ;)
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    yeah, well it wasn't planned that way!!! The old lappie died, I got a STEAL on a refurb from Dell and it happened to come with Vista... I figured I"d try it before formatting and installing XP and, to my surprise, quite like it so far (shhhhh... don't tell!) so I'm sticking with it. For now ;)
    I'm not entirely sold on the interface, but it seems to run better than XPx64. I think the drivers are superior.

I've pretty much stripped it down to be XP like, and will probably keep it.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2008
    I immediately reverted it to look and behave like XP, I admit it. Windows Classic all the way, here (cant' stand the "I wannabe a Mac" look in the default!)

So far, it's running like a champ - can't complain. We'll see if I still feel that way as it starts to get loaded up and get complicated.... Fortunately we have XP so I can revert if I want to , but so far so good. Given that my old laptop was 6 years old and creaking, this is wonderfully zippy and stable in comparison, so I guess i was predisposed to like it no matter what especially for how much I *didn't* pay for it...
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    I immediately reverted it to look and behave like XP, I admit it. Windows Classic all the way, here (cant' stand the "I wannabe a Mac" look in the default!)

So far, it's running like a champ - can't complain. We'll see if I still feel that way as it starts to get loaded up and get complicated.... Fortunately we have XP so I can revert if I want to , but so far so good. Given that my old laptop was 6 years old and creaking, this is wonderfully zippy and stable in comparison, so I guess i was predisposed to like it no matter what especially for how much I *didn't* pay for it...

Which version of vista are you discussing??

Also in LR2 under tools I think is where you can turn off the auto launch command.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited November 15, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:

Also in LR2 under tools I think is where you can turn off the auto launch command.

I'm running the Home Premium version. LR may have a command in its own preferences, but the one in Windows control panel worked a treat too.
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:

I couldn't get it to stop with any of the LR2 tools. It seems like it gets set into Windows when you install LR, and then they stop talking to eachother.

The Autoplay menu is pretty slick in Vista, though.