Dead Horse Point

jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
edited November 7, 2008 in Landscapes
I'm finally working my way thru my many multi-exposure images. Here are a couple from Dead Horse Point.

#1 Simple layer blend with minor tweaking. I tried to use the PS HDR tool, but I have to work/read on how to easily get the most out of it. Then I want to see how it goes with Photomatix.
411710473_suZKj-L.jpg

#2 This one is my first set of focus point blending as David Porter talked about. I had gotten it done last week, but scraped it. So this is a redo, but it took much less time.
411722529_hXzWQ-L.jpg
"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
-Fleetwood Mac

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    rolleyes1.gif bout time..... rolleyes1.gif

1st one seems like it could use some more 'pop' as it is a little flat.

2nd one is just the opposite- a little to bright.

But that is just me :D
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Good ones, Shutter! thumb.gif
    Keep'em coming coming! mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif bout time..... rolleyes1.gif

1st one seems like it could use some more 'pop' as it is a little flat.

2nd one is just the opposite- a little to bright.

But that is just me :D

I think your right on both when I see them here. The first one does seem to have lost some of the dynamic range. Could be tweaked since it is too dark in the shadows.

The second one, though is actually one exposure setting, but a blend of multiple focal points. I mainly focused on the various rocks being exposed correctly and that led to the sky being overexposed. I already brought the sky back in, but your right ISO, the whole thing could be darker.

On #2 I probably ought to post jpegs of the 2 original images in Technique. The bush really seems OOF when the main point is the rocks in the distance and on the right. And vice versa. There were some other issue I ran into. More later.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac