could use some help

Little TLittle T Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited November 7, 2008 in People
So my brother took this picture and it was WAY to bright i have tried toning it down some but i think it could still use some work but i am not sure what to do at this point....

411764810_KcvgV-L.jpg

-Jeremy
http://jtrankler.smugmug.com
jtrankler@gmail.com
Canon 60D
Tamron 28-75 2.8
Canon 70-200 F4 L IS

Comments

• geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Was it shot in raw or jpg?
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • Little TLittle T Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Was it shot in raw or jpg?

Nope bro just shot it with his little point and shoot.
    jtrankler@gmail.com
    Canon 60D
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Canon 70-200 F4 L IS
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Little T wrote:
    So my brother took this picture and it was WAY to bright i have tried toning it down some but i think it could still use some work but i am not sure what to do at this point....

411764810_KcvgV-L.jpg

-Jeremy

Not sure this is any better. I just copied your pic to my desktop. This is my best shot, I'm not much good at this, but thought it would be fun to try. I toned down the overall exposure cuz it looked pretty blown out to me. Then I bumped up the contrast, adjusted shadowing, and highlights, and added a little color boost.
    411945892_ruScE-L.jpg

Cute little guy! Wish I knew how to adjust the top of his hair too cuz I kind of like my adjustment. Laughing.gif
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
    edited November 7, 2008
    Flutist wrote:
    Not sure this is any better. I just copied your pic to my desktop, so it's coming back small.
    411945892_ruScE-L.jpg

Thanks, thats about what i kept coming up with if i went that dark. Thing was though i was trying to avoid getting his face that dark. Not sure if it really is possible to get it super cleaned up though.

I wish i wasnt at work that day and could have gone with them to the pumpkin patch would have gotten some pretty nice pics of my nephew.
    jtrankler@gmail.com
    Canon 60D
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Canon 70-200 F4 L IS
    edited November 7, 2008
    Little T wrote:
    Thanks, thats about what i kept coming up with if i went that dark. Thing was though i was trying to avoid getting his face that dark. Not sure if it really is possible to get it super cleaned up though.

I wish i wasnt at work that day and could have gone with them to the pumpkin patch would have gotten some pretty nice pics of my nephew.

Yeah when I messed around with it, going that dark seemed best, otherwise his face got even more noise which I really didn't like, so I settled with the darker. If I change it to B&W it seemed better, but I really like the fall colors

411953501_GzBmU-L.jpg
    ~Shannon~

my real job
    edited November 7, 2008
    Flutist wrote:
    Yeah when I messed around with it, going that dark seemed best, otherwise his face got even more noise which I really didn't like, so I settled with the darker. If I change it to B&W it seemed better, but I really like the fall colors

411953501_GzBmU-L.jpg

Yea doesnt look bad in B&W but its all about the fall colors. Guess I am just going to have to teach my brother how to take pictures! :D
    jtrankler@gmail.com
    Canon 60D
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Canon 70-200 F4 L IS
    edited November 7, 2008
    Little T wrote:
    Yea doesnt look bad in B&W but its all about the fall colors. Guess I am just going to have to teach my brother how to take pictures! :D

If you figure out how to do that let me know, I'm still trying to teach mine rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    ~Shannon~

my real job
    edited November 7, 2008
    Flutist wrote:
    If you figure out how to do that let me know, I'm still trying to teach mine rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Yea maybe i will just take notes as i go then pass them off :D

They just make me laugh (brother and his wife) they take pictures then just go "Give em the Jeremy and he will just edit them"..... its like umm gotta give me something thats not blown out or a blurred mess i am not a miracle worker.
    jtrankler@gmail.com
    Canon 60D
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Canon 70-200 F4 L IS
    edited November 7, 2008
    sure you are, you've got a bit of a David Copperfield look in you avatar rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    How's this?
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • Morris On LocationMorris On Location Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    here's my try...
    work955.jpg