D100 (body) or D70+lenses

JMPJMP Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited November 7, 2008 in Cameras
somebody is selling me 2 cameras, Nikon D100 (4000 clicks) the body only, and a D70+2 lenses, kit and a zoom, i just can afford one of them...
so, please help me, which option sounds the best for you guys?
Cheers!

p.s. i already have a D50 and i love it!
Canon 40D

Comments

• i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Obviously, the first quest is what are the lenses?

Secondly, have you checked out dpreview.com for a closer analysis? You may also want to consider the prices right now. If you're looking at a D70 you can have pro-grade (but a little dated) D1X for about the same money on eBay. But the D1X battery doesn't last nearly as long as a D70. If you're going to be taking a lot of shots you may want to consider a D70s - it can be gripped while the D70 cannot (to my knowledge.)

Or look at your lens situation. Are you in good shape with 2 lenses in a situation where you'll be using 2 bodies? Do you need the extra lenses?

Read here:
    http://www.dpchallenge.com/forum.php?action=read&FORUM_THREAD_ID=200351
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler