A Capitol Meeting

SciurusNigerSciurusNiger Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
edited November 7, 2008 in Landscapes
I attended a meeting of our state's Natural Resources Commission yesterday, and finally decided to brave the potential of security scrutiny and bring along Matilda (my camera). As we walked up to the building in which the meeting was being held, the light shining down on the capitol building up the street was breathtaking, however there was no time to stop and set up even a quick shoot.

I wasn't going to not take any photos, however, so set up and did some shooting later in the afternoon. The light was starting to become more dull by this time, but I liked this particular view from in front of the building we'd been in.

411603435_Tnyq9-O.jpg

I can't get the exif to give me a link, but if anyone is interested in the photo details, they can see them here.
Garnered Images Photography

"Where beauty moves and wit delights and signs of kindness bind me; there, oh there, whe'er I go I leave my heart behind me." (Thomas Ford, 1607)

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    This is beautiful ! loved it
    Flag is also in perfect shape, what is that blue flag ?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SciurusNigerSciurusNiger Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Thank you! I am hoping for clear skies next month in order to give it another go. Or that the portion of the meeting I will be attending runs late enough to have the building backlit by the setting sun.

The smaller blue flag is that of the State of Michigan. You can see it a bit more clearly in this other photo in my daily photo alternates gallery.
    Garnered Images Photography

"Where beauty moves and wit delights and signs of kindness bind me; there, oh there, whe'er I go I leave my heart behind me." (Thomas Ford, 1607)