Options

Pricing Problems

bsharpbsharp Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited November 10, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have created several galleries in a portfolio. I set print prices for the portfolio with an % markup. However, I have one gallery in the portfolio that I want to set at the default price - at my cost (for family members). The problem is that I will use Set Prices: Bulk tools: SmugMug Default / All Products. When I look at the preview, it shows the default prices. But after I save it, log out, and recheck the prices, they show up at the same marked up prices as the rest of the portfolio (category), and not the default prices.

Is there any way I can set the prices for only one gallery in the category or portfolio?

Thanks,
http://bradsharp.smugmug.com/Client%20Proofs

Comments

• Options
    phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Hi,

Yes you can set pricing on an individual gallery basis.

Could you please go ahead and email us at help @ smugmug.com ? We would like to take a look at the gallery settings and get them reset to the default pricing for you.
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    bsharp wrote:
    I have created several galleries in a portfolio. I set print prices for the portfolio with an % markup. However, I have one gallery in the portfolio that I want to set at the default price - at my cost (for family members). The problem is that I will use Set Prices: Bulk tools: SmugMug Default / All Products. When I look at the preview, it shows the default prices. But after I save it, log out, and recheck the prices, they show up at the same marked up prices as the rest of the portfolio (category), and not the default prices.

Is there any way I can set the prices for only one gallery in the category or portfolio?

Thanks,
    http://bradsharp.smugmug.com/Client%20Proofs
    I try to never leave anything at default price. You will not get any notice
    if something is purchased. For Family I set all prices $.01 over cost and set
    a proof delay so I get notified and can check the crop and color.

I created hidden template galleries each with a different pricing scheme.
    Family ... Public1 .... Public2 etc.
    Then when creating a gallery I can quickly pick a pricing scheme.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    bsharpbsharp Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    I try to never leave anything at default price. You will not get any notice
    if something is purchased. For Family I set all prices $.01 over cost and set
    a proof delay so I get notified and can check the crop and color.

I created hidden template galleries each with a different pricing scheme.
    Family ... Public1 .... Public2 etc.
    Then when creating a gallery I can quickly pick a pricing scheme.

Hey Allen,

Thanks for the tip. I did change it to $.01 over cost already. But creating a hidden template gallery sounds like a great idea. I appreciate your input - as always.