Our Last Year (Poster inside)

sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited November 15, 2008 in Sports
Parents from a football team wanted a photo of their sons. It is their senior year in little league football. This was so much fun! The parents and players wanted something other than a tradition group photo. So I pitched them my ideas and they were excited.

One shot, different post processing. C&C is welcomed.

veteran_eagles_1.jpg

veteran_eagles_2.jpg

veteran_eagles_sepia.jpg

veteran_eagles_urban.jpg

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Very cool shot. I'm betting the boys will LOVE it. I think I'd like to see the processing somewhere between number 1 and 2.

Caroline
  • JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    I think that is one awesome shot. Everyone that is in it should be very happy with the outcome. I'm not really sure which one I like the best but you are definitely on to something with it.
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    I would suggest a white outline around the names written in the grass to make them stand out and be easier to read.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    Cool shot. The parents (and players) should love it.

I think I like the processing on the 3rd one. But I agree about the names in the grass - they really get lost and some thing needs to be done to help them stand out.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • rockcanyonphotosrockcanyonphotos Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    I would generally go for the more draganized approach of #2 but in this case i like the highlighting effect used in #1, I would have never thought of using that approach for this type of work, but it works!! Nice job on the whole concept!!
    www.rockcanyonphotos.com

Canon 1DM4, 300mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8, 200mm 1.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 85mm 1.8
  • caughtnactioncaughtnaction Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    Re:Football Team Shot
    I like shot#2, I agree with the names not standing out in the grass, I would like to see the metal background in greyscale, I think it would make a impact without distracting! Overall I am very impressed with the out of the box shot, Very Creative!! Change from traditional is always Good!!! KS

sonny_c wrote:
    Parents from a football team wanted a photo of their sons. It is their senior year in little league football. This was so much fun! The parents and players wanted something other than a tradition group photo. So I pitched them my ideas and they were excited.

One shot, different post processing. C&C is welcomed.

veteran_eagles_1.jpg

veteran_eagles_2.jpg

veteran_eagles_sepia.jpg

veteran_eagles_urban.jpg