One Shot

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited May 13, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey all, I'm wondering which of these two pics I should enter. What are your thoughts?
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    That one, and this one:
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 9, 2005
    #2 all the way! very cool shot (no pun intended) :D
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif Definitely #2.

Email
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 9, 2005
    #2 definitely says ONE more than the first.

I would however suggest you do something about that thumb! Its definitely overexposed and is taking away from your chamber of "one". I don't know if a simple crop will fix this. You might try reshooting a different angle, maybe without the hand at all, if you can prop it up.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited May 10, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    #2 definitely says ONE more than the first.

I would however suggest you do something about that thumb! Its definitely overexposed and is taking away from your chamber of "one". I don't know if a simple crop will fix this. You might try reshooting a different angle, maybe without the hand at all, if you can prop it up.
    Is a vertical orientation any better?
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    coldclimb wrote:

Nah, somehow that crop spoils it for me. Do you have the ability to reshoot? maybe watch the exposure on the thumb or perhaps adjust your lighting.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    I like the crop, but I'd kill the thumb entirely. A reshoot? The crop makes a much more powerful photo.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    I think I like the horizontal one better. The thumb on the horizontal is a little washed out, do you think you could get more color in it? Great shot! clap.gif
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    judyfuess wrote:
    I think I like the horizontal one better. The thumb on the horizontal is a little washed out, do you think you could get more color in it? Great shot! clap.gif
    I think if you fix the thumb on the 2nd pic it would be fantastic. very awesome idea indeed! (see how I successfully avoided puns here :lol)
  • BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    coldclimb wrote:
    That one, and this one:
    #2 - I like the thumb (slightly improve color but not too much) - Overall, kinda gives a feeling of despair, he cocks the gun, takes one last look in the mirror .......

Good shot thumb.gif
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Sask2005Sask2005 Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    Coooool
    coldclimb wrote:
    i was thinking of the same image but we don't have ready access to revolvers where I live unfortunately. Great photo. It's dark, suggestive and if you are a gambler, what better gamble (especially if the weapon is pointing at your head when you spin the barrell).
    edited May 12, 2005
    *sigh* I'm cursed with severe laziness. I COULD reshoot, but I'd have to go get the gun and set up the light again. I think I'll just be forced to submit as-is, just cause I'm so lazy. rolleyes1.gif Thanks for all the tips folks, I'll just try to do better next time :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 13, 2005
    coldclimb wrote:
    *sigh* I'm cursed with severe laziness. I COULD reshoot, but I'd have to go get the gun and set up the light again. I think I'll just be forced to submit as-is, just cause I'm so lazy. rolleyes1.gif Thanks for all the tips folks, I'll just try to do better next time :D
    Aw man, what a cop out!

Get your ass off the couch and do it again! Or at least make an effort to burn the thumb down a little. It really is spoiling what is otherwise a perfectly detailed and exposed photo of a cool revolver!

:D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]