Advice on Printing B&W print

Jeff698Jeff698 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited November 9, 2008 in Finishing School
Howdy y'all,

I have a series of photos I'd like to print and would like some advice. I've never done much printing of my images and have finished most of them for the web with a frame and white border on the image (as below) but am not sure how this would look with mating and in a frame.

What would y'all suggest for this shot? Also, any recommendations for type of paper? I'll be printing from smugmug.

Thanks!
Jeff
406245696_b7nbL-M-1.jpg

Comments

• PittspilotPittspilot Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    Jeff698 wrote:
    Howdy y'all,

I have a series of photos I'd like to print and would like some advice. I've never done much printing of my images and have finished most of them for the web with a frame and white border on the image (as below) but am not sure how this would look with mating and in a frame.

What would y'all suggest for this shot? Also, any recommendations for type of paper? I'll be printing from smugmug.

Thanks!
    Jeff
    406245696_b7nbL-M-1.jpg

Hi Jeff

Your image doesn't look to have a lot of tonal range, so you might want to look and see if that could be improved. I'd recommend (I'm reading it that you are new to printing), trying as many options as seem financially sensible and seeing which one bets suits your eye.

Cheers